Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't Christians just keep to themselves?

Posted by   + Show Post
I honestly don't care what religion anyone is, this is a free country and as long as you aren't hurting anyone, you should be able to believe whatever the heck you want. My problem comes when religious extremists keep trying to place their god into everyone else life via school or placing religious statues on courthouse or park lawns. Why can't they just leave it alone? There are like thousands of churches and religious places they can get together with other Christians and worship or do whatever they want. Why do they need the whole world to be Christian? It's getting very annoying, actually it's beyond annoying at this point. There hasn't been a day in months where I haven't seen a news story of some religious group or person trying to distribute bibles in schools or protesting at abortion clinics. You never see atheists outside of churches or distributing any literature at schools. I would never try to away someone into my way of thinking, that includes my own children. I just don't get it.
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Replies (21-24):
midjet117
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:44 PM

I live in the back woods, what you just posted is news to me. I'm assuming you live in middle America somewhere lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Because we are commanded to spread the good news. Because the Constitution states we can practice our faith openly, not behind closed doors, or hidden in a sanctuary. Many of the statues that are up have been up for decades. Why the whine now? 

Also, I notice the headlline says 'Christians' and then you say "extremists'. You'll find your worst extremists are Muslimn. Gay? Boom, your dead. Refuse to convert? Boom! Your dead. Child marriages. Rape culture. In the Christian faith, the worst we will do is feed you and pray for you. Certainly won't kill you.

IhartU
by Bronze Member on Dec. 2, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous 6:

Because we are commanded to spread the good news. Because the Constitution states we can practice our faith openly, not behind closed doors, or hidden in a sanctuary. Many of the statues that are up have been up for decades. Why the whine now? 

Just because your holy book commands you to spread the word doesn't give you free reign to shove your god up the ass of everyone you meet. There is a church ON EVERY CORNER. There is not ONE person here in the US who has not heard about God and if they want to learn more, they are free to walk in the doors of the one of the billions of churches in the US. You have NO need to go door to door or to seek people out to preach to them.

Christian privilege is why those statues were up in the past. A past where non-Christians were too afraid to speak up about having their Constitutional Rights shit on. Well, those days are gone. Keep your statues on private property and keep your god out of the Government.

Also, I notice the headlline says 'Christians' and then you say "extremists'. You'll find your worst extremists are Muslimn. Gay? Boom, your dead. Refuse to convert? Boom! Your dead. Child marriages. Rape culture. In the Christian faith, the worst we will do is feed you and pray for you. Certainly won't kill you.

The world is full of Christians who used their positions of power to rape, molest and murder. Don't act like believing in Jesus makes you any less crazy or dangerous than Muslims.

Clairwil
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 8:05 PM

Religions that have, as part of their set of core beliefs, beliefs about spreading the word, converting others and resisting existing members from falling away, tent to grow and out-compete religions that don't.

So most of the religions which have survived to current times, have them.

In Christianity, the excuse is Matthew 28:16-20

Quoting momofthem311: I honestly don't care what religion anyone is, this is a free country and as long as you aren't hurting anyone, you should be able to believe whatever the heck you want. My problem comes when religious extremists keep trying to place their god into everyone else life via school or placing religious statues on courthouse or park lawns. Why can't they just leave it alone? There are like thousands of churches and religious places they can get together with other Christians and worship or do whatever they want. Why do they need the whole world to be Christian? It's getting very annoying, actually it's beyond annoying at this point. There hasn't been a day in months where I haven't seen a news story of some religious group or person trying to distribute bibles in schools or protesting at abortion clinics. You never see atheists outside of churches or distributing any literature at schools. I would never try to away someone into my way of thinking, that includes my own children. I just don't get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)