Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible he just happens to look like him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

A woman came to my home this afternoon to talk to me about my husband. She said they were together briefly before he and I met which was also when her husband was away on business. She said she never told her husband about the affair and never told my husband that her son may be his and not her husband's, but now her husband is deceased and she wants to know if her son still has a living father. She gave me a picture of her son and asked me to ask my husband for a DNA test. The resemblance is uncanny, but my husband's three states away at a business conference so when I called him, I got his voice mail and left a message summarizing what had occurred and sent him an email of the child's picture.

My sister, who came by shortly after the woman left, says it's his kid, that he knew all along it was or could be, and that woman's interest is NOT just having her son get to know his true father, but I can't help but think maybe he didn't know, maybe it's not his, maybe she's mistaken...? Yet, he looks so much like him that I can't really believe that my husband isn't his father. What do you think? Is it possible to have a strong resemblance but not be related at all?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShaMac
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this
How would your sister know all of that? Sounds like she is looking for trouble.

The only way to know if the kid is his is the test.
Awakened1
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:18 AM
I agree.

Quoting ShaMac: How would your sister know all of that? Sounds like she is looking for trouble.

The only way to know if the kid is his is the test.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:27 AM
I'm surprised you talk to your sister about it before actually discussing it with him. Leaving a message isn't talking about it and he should have had time to make decisions concerning this before everyone else ess told. This ranks under "private and personal" and really wasn't yours to tell.

More importantly is how are you, both individually and as a couple, going to deal with the possibility? Personally I would be wary of the entire situation. If I were him I would even consider seeking legal advice.

But to answer your question, it's it is possible to look like someone you aren't related to, but in this case that probably isn't what is happening
Elyce225
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM

Of course it could be possible.

My dh is 10 years older than me. He had a "3 day affair" when he was 20. Way before we met. It's an ongoing joke between us that his teenage "lost" child is going to come knock on our door looking for my husband.

Anything is possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Only way to know is to test.  This was all before you met and you even knew about the possibility so I say he should test and see what happens.  Interesting, though.  How old is this kid now???  I wonder if the lady is money hungry since her husband died??

ladybugchick317
by Charity on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:22 AM

I would not think anything yet. I would talk to your dh and see what he says. It could be that she didn't want him to know or he didn't know about the child. talk to him and then go from there.

karla41164
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:32 AM

All I can say is holy shit!!

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this?

And if the womans husband is decessed then she is collecting social security for the son,

Such a mess

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:04 PM

I'm not sure if in this country it works the same way as mine but if a child is born from a woman who is married, it is assumed by law that the kid's father is the mom's husband unless there is a big legal battle.

Do the paternity test and go from there, it was before you met him and honestly, it would be too much of a coincidence that the kid looks like your DH, if everything she said is true.

Blessed2585
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have an answer as far as if it is your husband's child. All I can say is talk to your husband and see where he stands on it. Don't let someone else tell you it is or it isn't his son, because the truth is they don't know. I would recommend just talking to your husband and maybe even a counselor. I know that Focus on the Family has free licensed counselors that you can call at 1800-A-Family. I have spoken with one and they are great.

Live, Laugh, and Cantor on

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 7, 2015 at 8:26 AM

you told him all this in a PHONE MESSAGE?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)