Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does seeing other moms distracted by their phone and ignoring their kids bother you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I all the time see other moms glued to their phone, too busy to notice that their kids are nowhere in sight, or they expect YOU to watch their kid just because your kids are playing with them? Or they just drop off their kids and leave assuming that you must be a parent so you'll watch their child while they run an errand.... 

For all they know I could be a pedo or kidnap their child! 

Is it just me or would this bother you, too?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:33 PM
Yes.
Linagma03
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:35 PM

Yes it does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:39 PM

I guess I have never observed this myself. 

Sister_Someone
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be too busy on my phone to ever notice something like that.

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Unless the kid is about to be abducted by a rapist, or hit by a bus, I mind my own business.  And expect others to do the same.

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:31 PM

When I go to the park with my children, I'm often the only mom who is not on her phone and I always feel bad when I hear kid's say "Mommy watch this" and Mommy is not watching.......

TresHijas111825
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:34 PM
6 moms liked this
How do you know they didn't just spend hours doing something with their kid? Sometimes I look at the park as a break or moment for me to catch up on some work, while the kids have fun an expend some energy. Sometimes I slide my fat butt down slides, swing on the swings and play silly games. People need to stop judging based on a glimpse of someone's life.
redheadtmk
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:28 PM

Not really. I loathe the park. It is torture to sit and watch them run around. And I am too old and big to be climbing on stuff. I would be on my phone or tablet too. Which is why we do not go to the park.

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 4:24 AM
No. Not my kid, not my issue, when it comes to things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karen24
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 10:11 AM
My kids are older so I don't really notice that much I guess. When they were younger and we'd go to the park I'd sometimes notice moms who were a little too caught up in whatever they were doing -whether it be reading a book, knitting, and chatting to notice what their kids were doing. Sometimes like if I was over by the swing a kid would ask me to push them. I guess they figure "Oh a grown up. I'll ask her". No big deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)