Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have breast cancer................. and I'm okay with my outcome

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone!! I have to say I'm one of those women that put my health in the bottom and my daughter's health on top.  With that said, I've moved on with that.

I want to mention that not all breast cancer is lumps, bumps and tumors, others don't always come out until you have a mammogram done.  Which is what happened to me.

I had leakage in my right breast in October, 2015 and in November when for my gynecologist appointment and informed him. He suggested that I see a breast surgeon and get my mammogram.  In December 2015, I made my appointment, went for a second set of pictures, had a biopsy and told that I had breast calcification's (which is common now in many women) and I had stage O cancer of the milk ducts.  This type of cancer never leaves the milk ducts and never spreads.  Good news!!  But, the calcification's had cancer in each of them (6 I had, and each had cancer cells).  Go figure!  I found that I will need surgery in December also.

In January of this year, I had a breast MRI, a second biopsy and told that I was going to have a mastectomy on my right breast.  They will take some of my lymph nodes out to see if the cancer has spread.

My surgery is set for February 19, 2015. 

I found out from my doctor that if the breast surgery goes well, people never speak about it or share their experience.  The only people that write some thing on the internet are those that had a bad experience. I don't agree with this. I'm someone that feels sharing a story helps someone over come what they are going through.

I've accepted and I'm ready for my surgery. 

I tell you this, because my past mistake involving my health almost cost me my life!  My life is important and don't think that it's okay to avoid going to the gynecologist or getting your mammogram (after 40, unless it runs in your family).  Someone recently said to me (her body was producing mass quantities of cysts) that like in an airplane the sign says to place the mask over your face first and then your child's.  Your health is just as important as you want you child to have a parent. 

best regards,

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck.

happynewyorker
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Thank you!! 

Best regards,

Quoting BL2010:

Good luck.

allycally
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Well said and good luck
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Good luck
happynewyorker
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Thank you!! 

Best regards,

Quoting allycally: Well said and good luck

happynewyorker
by on Feb. 5, 2015 at 11:05 AM

Thank you,

Best regards,

Quoting auntangelofsix: Good luck

newwifenmom
by on Feb. 11, 2015 at 4:50 PM
I hope things go well.
happynewyorker
by on Feb. 13, 2015 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  I look at it this way. If they don't, it's okay. 

best regards,

Quoting newwifenmom: I hope things go well.

EarlGrayHot
by on Feb. 13, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Best wishes. 

happynewyorker
by on Feb. 13, 2015 at 2:24 PM

thank you!

staying positive all the time!!

best regards,

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

Best wishes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)