Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

finding a home..

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM
  • 12 Replies
I'm stressing out.. We are getting close to 20 weeks preggo with #3.. We live in a townhouse that is small-2 bed, 1 bath.. Its old and we get *uggghh* bugs.. :(.. I told dh we have got to move before babe gets here.. The sad thing is our credit sucks, he has a background (not horrendous but bad enough.. And finding a home to move to in our area that is in a decent (safe) part of town is more then difficulty.. I feel its impossible. He tells me that it will work out but I don't just go on hope, I have to see something.. I'm stressing.. Anyone ever feel this way?
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I wish you luck in getting a place soon.

happinessforyou
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does everyone's credit suck? Why weren't you fixing that problem before you got pregnant?  What does "bugs" really mean? Can you hire an exterminator? I know the landlord is supposed to, but there is no way I'd live in a bug infested home, let alone bring a newborn into one.

Why isn't he working 2-3 jobs to improve your situation? I know you are pregnant, but do you work?

Catch Dave Ramsy's radio show/books. (free at the library). He will give you a life plan so you can better your situation. GL

sammi711
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM
We are working on our credit, we have been. We did not get pregnant on purpose. My husband does not have time for another job, he works 80+ hours a week and I have 2 jobs. His credit sucks because he was young and dumb. I had no credit when we got married. Bugs meaning roaches. We live in a townhouse. We have never had to deal with this before, we have always been in a single family home. I can't stand bugs in my home, its not that we are necessarily infested but either way the exterminator would cost $500 for the initial visit and then I was told would come back once a month to spread poisons in my house. (My words) I am trying natural remedies to get rid of them. Plus with all of our bills and groceries plus all the kids activities we barely have an extra $100 at the end of the month!! And if you will please RE-READ my post, I did not say I was bringing my infant into a 'bug infested' home. The point of my post is that I'm stressing and looking for a new home as soon as possible! I also would appreciate positive advice or 'keep your chin ups' more then condescending comments. I'm so happy your life is so perfect and you are so awesome, but it doesn't always work out that way for everyone! Its ignorant to believe otherwise, life happens we can't always be prepared. We had a fantastic start but sh*t happens and our life took a nose dive.. We are leveling out now but still struggling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:39 PM

I think it's a lot cheaper to fix the bug problem you have for $500 than to moving.  

You need to build up a good savings account say around $3000+ at least before consider moving.   If you are getting a good tax return saving it towards that.   

And the timing for having another child is not helping the situation.  I think it's best to postpone the move until you all have a better credit rating and built up that saving account like I suggest.   

GL

Quoting sammi711: We are working on our credit, we have been. We did not get pregnant on purpose. My husband does not have time for another job, he works 80+ hours a week and I have 2 jobs. His credit sucks because he was young and dumb. I had no credit when we got married. Bugs meaning roaches. We live in a townhouse. We have never had to deal with this before, we have always been in a single family home. I can't stand bugs in my home, its not that we are necessarily infested but either way the exterminator would cost $500 for the initial visit and then I was told would come back once a month to spread poisons in my house. (My words) I am trying natural remedies to get rid of them. Plus with all of our bills and groceries plus all the kids activities we barely have an extra $100 at the end of the month!! And if you will please RE-READ my post, I did not say I was bringing my infant into a 'bug infested' home. The point of my post is that I'm stressing and looking for a new home as soon as possible! I also would appreciate positive advice or 'keep your chin ups' more then condescending comments. I'm so happy your life is so perfect and you are so awesome, but it doesn't always work out that way for everyone! Its ignorant to believe otherwise, life happens we can't always be prepared. We had a fantastic start but sh*t happens and our life took a nose dive.. We are leveling out now but still struggling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:43 PM

I agree, worry about credit and bugs before getting pregnant.  We didn't have kids for over  7 years because we didn't have money or a house yet.  If you have bugs get Orkin. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
At this point I would just pay the exterminator like the other post said. BTW my credit was 720 then I cosigned my hubby's car loan and it dropped me to 683. It's back to 719 but it took 8 months. I have never made a late payment. Even openin new accounts can hurt your credit.
athorne
by Anna on Feb. 19, 2015 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Just try to give it time. You will find a place eventually I am sure. I love in a 2BR mobile home and am 27 weeks pregnant. My kids are going to end up sharing a room until we get another place. We are looking but would like to get our place paid off first. Plus I had to share a room with my brother growing up in a 2BR house. My mom tried to sell her house for years with no luck. It sucked but we had to make due. At least it was a roof over our heads. As for the bugs, I would take care of those first.
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 8:35 AM
I agree.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I think it's a lot cheaper to fix the bug problem you have for $500 than to moving.  

You need to build up a good savings account say around $3000+ at least before consider moving.   If you are getting a good tax return saving it towards that.   

And the timing for having another child is not helping the situation.  I think it's best to postpone the move until you all have a better credit rating and built up that saving account like I suggest.   

GL

Quoting sammi711: We are working on our credit, we have been. We did not get pregnant on purpose. My husband does not have time for another job, he works 80+ hours a week and I have 2 jobs. His credit sucks because he was young and dumb. I had no credit when we got married. Bugs meaning roaches. We live in a townhouse. We have never had to deal with this before, we have always been in a single family home. I can't stand bugs in my home, its not that we are necessarily infested but either way the exterminator would cost $500 for the initial visit and then I was told would come back once a month to spread poisons in my house. (My words) I am trying natural remedies to get rid of them. Plus with all of our bills and groceries plus all the kids activities we barely have an extra $100 at the end of the month!! And if you will please RE-READ my post, I did not say I was bringing my infant into a 'bug infested' home. The point of my post is that I'm stressing and looking for a new home as soon as possible! I also would appreciate positive advice or 'keep your chin ups' more then condescending comments. I'm so happy your life is so perfect and you are so awesome, but it doesn't always work out that way for everyone! Its ignorant to believe otherwise, life happens we can't always be prepared. We had a fantastic start but sh*t happens and our life took a nose dive.. We are leveling out now but still struggling.

happinessforyou
by Member on Feb. 19, 2015 at 12:33 PM

Ok- how is anyone going to know your entire life-story from 2-3 paragraphs??? You offered way more info in your reply to me than in your op. (?) I offered you concrete suggestions to improve your situation and you offered very defensive comments about how they just wouldn't work for you. If you work and he works 80+ hours, either you all are truly horrible with your finances, or wayyyy under paid. Which is it??

The best thing to do IMO- is pay for the exterminator if you landlord won't. Tackle one thing at a time.

Do you always defend yourself with the "you think you are so much better" comments? You know nothing about me. I've struggled LOTS in my life-yet have never had all of your problems. Hence my Dave Ramsay comment.

Best of luck to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 19, 2015 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn, folks. Can we give this girl a break? Instead of clicking our tongues about credit scores, income and timing of pregnancy?

OP, you just take one step at a time. Things have a way of working out. Can you move outside your area to somewhere cheaper? Try not to stress too much.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)