Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Condo or apartment?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

So, watching this show, a couple is shown a couple of apartments and then a condo and the woman says something like, "I thought the condo would be something different, but it's just an apartment? I don't get it." It made me laugh because there's really not much difference between the two other than technically, as in whether you own or rent, what amenities are offered, etc. The couple got into an argument over the difference between condo and apartment. Would you fight over this? LOL

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SamuraiQueen
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 10:26 PM

I suppose you own one and rent the other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM
You can rent a condo also but they are individually owned by someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 8:49 AM
If you rent a condo, aren't you living in an apartment?

Quoting Anonymous 2: You can rent a condo also but they are individually owned by someone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:39 AM

The difference to me is that if condo's are individually owned people take care of them more.  Apartments can be trashy because they are owned by a company and not individual owners and people don't give a crap.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: If you rent a condo, aren't you living in an apartment?
Quoting Anonymous 2: You can rent a condo also but they are individually owned by someone.

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 5, 2015 at 9:49 AM

lol.. That is not something I would waste my time arguing over. I wouldn't want to live in either one. I prefer a house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:41 AM

You can own a condo and rent it out, then for the person who lives there it would be an apartment, I believe.

I thing condo is if you own it and live in it, apartment is if you own it and rent it out or you lease the unit where you live.

I uset to live in an apartment own by a person, not a company.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The difference to me is that if condo's are individually owned people take care of them more.  Apartments can be trashy because they are owned by a company and not individual owners and people don't give a crap.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: If you rent a condo, aren't you living in an apartment?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

ROFL, me too.  Only lived in an apartment 4 years till we could afford to buy.  Would never rent again anything.  

Quoting BL2010:

lol.. That is not something I would waste my time arguing over. I wouldn't want to live in either one. I prefer a house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)