Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Arrgggh! Learn to parallel park!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Can you parallel park?  My mom can't and she drives me nuts whenever I'm with her and she needs to.  She makes me get in the driver's seat and park for her instead of learning to park herself.

And, then there are the people who I watch trying to parallel park on the street but they're going back and forth, back and forth, and then finally when they get it parked, they are crooked, outside of their own space or they've tapped someone else's car.

Seriously, what is so hard about it? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WaterorWine
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM
I'm really good at it. I use to live in a city and had to parallel park everywhere. I will say, it was the hardest thing for me to get down when I was learning to drive.

She should practice between trash cans on the sidewalk, then she doesn't have to worry about hitting a car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM
I can't parallel park. Just can't. I always ask dh to do it or I will pay for a parking lot just so I don't endanger anyone/take 20 minutes to park/hit another car/get hit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM

Nope.  I am over 50 and I have never ever done it, even on my driving test.  The guy said you can live your life never doing it and I am proof.  I just park somewhere I don't have to do it.  

diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:21 PM
No I can't.
GMMC
by New Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:25 PM

That must be painful to watch someone try to do it when you can! I can't PP for the life of me...and if I do try I would never, ever have someone wait on me. I have parked 10 miles away just to avoid PP right in front of the door!

So sad...!

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:34 PM

I can do it, if I feel I have enough space to maneuver. Me, I don't think it's the end of the world. If I know it's going to be too difficult for me, I'll find another spot to park. But I actually hate backing into a space even more.

10isenough2
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM

I can't parallel park to save my life but I also have no need to parallel park. We have plenty of other forms of parking in my community.

Mrs.Missi
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM
Nope I sure can't & suck really bad at it anyway.
ejkdmom
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM

I can't paralell park.  If we are in a situation where I have to, either my hubby takes over or if I am alone, I just park somewhere else.

athorne
by Anna on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:13 AM
I am horrible at it. Even when I was taking my driver's test and had to parallel park it took me a few tries. I was a little too far away from the curb and I barley passed. The problem I had was that I have so many blind spots it's crazy. Perpendicular parking is so much easier. I pretty much just don't like having to back up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)