Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Presents for Easter is ridiculous!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM
  • 28 Replies
Is Easter the new Xmas? Why do kids need presents for every freaking holiday? I'm so glad we stopped doing Easter a few years ago. It was getting too expensive and it's just absurd that they need a damn basket filled with crap just because it's Easter. The day means nothing to me anyway and my kids don't care about it either.
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:41 AM
My kids didn't get baskets, ds1 got The Lego Movie and dd got Iron Man 1&2. Lol Ds2 got new pj's, I forgot it was easter weekend and promised the kids those things last month. Lol
athorne
by Anna on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:27 AM
Baskets and a few small items are not bad. But these pictures that I have seen on Facebook whose children have a whole room full of toys that look like it's Christmas is a little crazy.
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:29 AM

Why do kids need a bunch of crap for Christmas?

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:33 AM
Good point, they don't

Quoting bcauseimthemom:

Why do kids need a bunch of crap for Christmas?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM

I think it is awful.  Glad mine are grown now and get nothing.  

I saw a pic that was 3 new bikes with 3 baskets full of crap hanging off the handle bars.  Ridiculous.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids got bikes, sandals,bathing suits, water bottles and some candy...we have always used Easter to get them summer/outside items that we wouldn't give them at Christmas
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:36 AM
You are an atheist so it shouldn't be your concern and I find idiotic that you used to do it since you are always so mad at the fact that other people want to force religion on everything in the town of "hell" you live in.

And to answer you question. Yes my dad get w big basket, but I put things that were going to be bought for her, we just give them at once wrapped in s basket.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:45 AM
Easter is no longer a Christian holiday it belongs to yhe pagan Easter bunny and people who want to show off new clothes. Just like Christmas, real Christians are scarce, which one do you celebrate a pagan bunny and eggs or Jesus's resurrection? I have nothing to do with the easter bunny we usually skip church on Easter, too many show offs.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:49 AM
I'm an atheist, I don't celebrate it at all

Quoting Anonymous 4: Easter is no longer a Christian holiday it belongs to yhe pagan Easter bunny and people who want to show off new clothes. Just like Christmas, real Christians are scarce, which one do you celebrate a pagan bunny and eggs or Jesus's resurrection? I have nothing to do with the easter bunny we usually skip church on Easter, too many show offs.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 8:51 AM
You're missing my opinion. I don't care who celebrates Easter, it is just my opinion that the massive gift giving for every freaking holiday is getting ridiculous

Quoting Anonymous 3: You are an atheist so it shouldn't be your concern and I find idiotic that you used to do it since you are always so mad at the fact that other people want to force religion on everything in the town of "hell" you live in.

And to answer you question. Yes my dad get w big basket, but I put things that were going to be bought for her, we just give them at once wrapped in s basket.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)