Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your spouse said this??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Lastnight my boyfriend got home from work and we went to bed like usual. Sometimes we stay up late just holding hands and talking. Well lastnight he told me theres this cute new girl at work that keeps trying to flirt with him. Says shes kind of shy and will smile at him and look away quickly. He said when she finds ways to work with or near him she always strikes up conversations. He told me it made him feel almost like he was cheating even though he hasnt done anything. He told me because he felt it was something I should know and even ask me how should he go about telling her hes with somebody already. BUT he also mentioned how it made him feel pretty good about himself in a way (which who wouldnt you know? I could tell he was enjoying the fact this girl liked him. SO, if your spouse said this to you, how would it make you feel? What would you do or say? I didnt say much about it but am I wrong for feeling a little nervous about this? Maybe even jealous?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 6, 2015 at 10:45 AM

She's shy yet she's flirting with him... I don't see why it's a big deal for him to just say he's already with/committed to someone. Personally, someone telling me something like this would make me question his motives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 2:39 PM
For this reason alone I am so happy my DH works with all men in a factory.
squeekers
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be glad he felt the need to inform me of the woman at work, and how her flirting made him feeling like it's cheating. I would hug him and say, "Thank you & I trust you."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 3:29 PM
Wouldn't bother me. I remember mt dh telling me of the time he had this female co-worker plainly tell him she'd like to sleep with him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 6, 2015 at 3:50 PM

My DH (now EX) once accused me of having an affair with a coworker (I never did, we were just work friends) well idiot (EX) came into the store and caused a damn scene once and was kicked out. I guess CoWorker told his wife about it. A few weeks later when he and I worked she came in a told me "Hey, so I hear you are sleeping with my husband" I looked at her and she died laughing. Told me my EX was an idiot and left

I am glad that the wife of a coworker of mine was compleatly understanding and trusted her husband and me...We are now good friends.

DisabledVet
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I would say that it just shows that I have great taste in men. I've never worried about my husband cheating because he loves me and neither one of us is a person who believes in cheating.

RavensRose
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

My husband is one helluva a man. I know this, so it doesn't surprise me ever when women flirt with him. I know my husband is a good man, with some amazing qualities. If I see this I know other women do to.   So it really doesn't make me "feel" anything when women flirt with or try to flirt with my husband. He's worth flirting with.  

My husband, when this happens, just makes it very clear that he is married. Not only is he married he's happily married. He told a young woman (a good 20 years younger than me)  that he appreciated what she was throwing his way but she didn't stand a chance because he has me.  He didn't know I heard this conversation, it was at a restaurant last week, but I did.  My husband knows what he has and he doesn't want to lose it.  

If this makes you feel nervous or jealous, ask yourself why. There has to be a reason.  You have to remember this, just because someone else is interested in your man  doesn't mean your man is interested in someone else.  We are all human, others are going to find us attractive and we will find others attractive.  As long as you and he have set boundaries and expectations of one another that's all you can do. You both will either live up to those boundaries and expectations or you won't. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)