Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mother's day gift

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM
  • 7 Replies
I ordered jewelry candles for my mom and my so's mom last week. After 7 days of them not shipping I contacted the company. They won't be here till next Tuesday. Should I just tell them the gifts are late shipping or get a little something extra? if so what should I get?
by on May. 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Just say i got your mothers day gifts. But unfortunaty its going to be late.

I still have to figure out what to get my mom. I think i would do just a gift card. Cause she barely wears jewelry she does use candles unless the power is out and in the bathroom. She doesnt eat much candy cause she say she does need it and trying to loose weight. So i am stuvk in a sticky situation here.

Dhs mom wears anything love necklaces bracelists. Candles loves eating out. Etc. So i have to get something. But she wont get it on time though.
BL2010
by BL on May. 5, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Let them know that you ordered gifts and they are coming in a few days late.

jessicasmom1
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 10:29 AM

I would be honest ... and as soon as it comes in give it to them

Gracemommy0113
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM
I got cards, some construction paper for dd to make cards and a couple of candles today. they both burn candles or I can always put them aside for a last minute gift just in case.
Gracemommy0113
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:33 PM
That's the issue my so is having with his mom. Every suggestion I make he says he has tried and didn't go over well. He doesn't want to get her another candle, she is on a restricted diet due to migraines and she goes and gets what she wants hersel.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just say i got your mothers day gifts. But unfortunaty its going to be late.

I still have to figure out what to get my mom. I think i would do just a gift card. Cause she barely wears jewelry she does use candles unless the power is out and in the bathroom. She doesnt eat much candy cause she say she does need it and trying to loose weight. So i am stuvk in a sticky situation here.

Dhs mom wears anything love necklaces bracelists. Candles loves eating out. Etc. So i have to get something. But she wont get it on time though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 5, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Its very hard. To do so. Maybe have him take his mom out to dinner or breakfast and or lunch just the two of them.

Quoting Gracemommy0113: That's the issue my so is having with his mom. Every suggestion I make he says he has tried and didn't go over well. He doesn't want to get her another candle, she is on a restricted diet due to migraines and she goes and gets what she wants hersel.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just say i got your mothers day gifts. But unfortunaty its going to be late.

Gracemommy0113
by New Member on May. 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM
I just order "why a son needs a mother" to pick up at barnes and noble. I figured it was the safest thing he could get.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Its very hard. To do so. Maybe have him take his mom out to dinner or breakfast and or lunch just the two of them.

Quoting Gracemommy0113: That's the issue my so is having with his mom. Every suggestion I make he says he has tried and didn't go over well. He doesn't want to get her another candle, she is on a restricted diet due to migraines and she goes and gets what she wants hersel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)