Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you feel about 7-year-olds kissing on the lips?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM
  • 8 Replies

7-Year-Olds Kiss at School & Cops Show Up to Bust Them

kids kissing

Cops were called to investigate a Florida school for an odd reason: two 7-year-olds kissed on the lips during class. This police probe was called to find out whether the behavior could be deemed "lewd and lascivious." Um, seriously?

According to police reports, the teacher witnessed the children smooching, but there was "no indication that there was anything sexual about this incident." Read more below:

police report 7 year olds kiss on lipsThank god the cops determined no laws had been broken, and recommended the case be closed. Still, though, what a waste of their time!

More from The Stir: Calling Cops on Kids for Kissing at School Is Ridiculous

Because think about it: Who were the cops going to arrest? Certainly not the kids. Perhaps the teacher, if she just let it happen without intervening. So, I might worry the teacher is neglecting her students. But I would not worry that the kids were being "lewd" or "lascivious" in the slightest.

Kids act out a lot of adult things with no understanding of the deeper meaning. They play house, they play marriage, so it makes sense they'd play kissing, too.

If anything, if the kissing continues, I'd worry that the school might intervene in a way that would scare those kids from kissing anyone ever again. I think the kids should be talked to, but just to say that kissing on the lips is an "adult" thing not for kids. But beyond that, I think the kids are just being kids. As a mom, I wouldn't be worried. What worries me far more is how schools are taking this innocent rite of passage so seriously!

How do you feel about 7-year-olds kissing on the lips?

by on May. 5, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BL2010
by BL on May. 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM

Good grief!

thatgirl70
by Carin on May. 6, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Ok, now was it a little peck or were they flat out going at each other like adults would?

Either way, calling the cops is really freaking extreme.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Well it shouldn't be done on school property and what they do in their homes is their business with their parents there.

DisabledVet
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM

Why should kissing be an adult thing, not for kids?  Just how stupid and totally bent are people becoming???????? 

There is nothing wrong with kids kissing on the lips. It's not like they're french kissing. Kissing does not have to be sexual! Just as touching doesn't have to be sexual. Human beings need human touch. When  we don't grow up with it, we tend to be badly adjusted. Babies need to be hugged, kissed and touched. So do children.

It's disgusting that we've allowed idiots to determine what things we allow. If a 3 year old touches a womans breast it's not sexual. I heard that a 7 year old touched his teachers leg and she called the police on him. Should this kind of person be teaching??? Perhaps she needs to be given some common sense. I remember my cousin who was 4 used to call my mother his darling and peck her on the lips. It was done with such love and innocence. Have we stolen something precious from our kids?

What messages are we sending our kids?  I can remember when kids didn't have bathing suits. They ran though the sprinklers in their underwear and no one thought anything about it. When on hot summer nights, we kids would sit on the poarch in our pj’s eating an ice pop. When no baby album was complete without that nude photo of the baby on a rug. When little girls could sit on granddads lap and no one went crazy. When little boys would kiss their favorite aunt on the lips with total innocence. Perhaps we need to adjust ourselves so that we don't over react over every little thing. Get a grip people. We have met the enemy and it is US!!!!!!!

SlaJack
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Nauseous.  I do not see the need for overreaction by calling in law enforcement.  I do see an excellent teaching opportunity.  What is and is not socially acceptable expression in a (this) classroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 2:22 PM

My little one told me a boy kissed her in 1st grade.  I told her only married ppl kiss on the lips. I told her I would prefer that she not kiss anyone. But if it's a must then they can kiss the back of her hand... Not sure what I was smoking when I said that one LOL 

Needless to say she now carries hand sanitizer with her and her hand has been kissed by 3 boys now! smh...

SpiritedWitch
by on May. 7, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Oh FFS! With all the sticks people have shoved up their asses these days, I'm surprised there are any trees left!! Schools have become increasingly ignorant. 

butzi
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:36 PM
What is the deal with CM and kissing on the lips? You people are more than a bit odd. This is the only place where I see people talking about the inappropriate behavior like dads bathing daughters, children kissing parents on the lips and now children kissing each other. Everything is not sexual behavior. Humans are hard wired for touch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)