Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 week spring break!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM
  • 7 Replies
Our school just posted the break schedule for next year and they are giving the kids 2 weeks off for spring break!
It is the two weeks before Easter so one week is called spring break the other is called Easter break. What am I going to do with my kids for that long!
by on May. 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anvanderbrook
by New Member on May. 6, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Does anyone else have a long spring break?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2015 at 7:15 PM

I would love it because we always went on vacation for 9 nights anyway so we would have a week to recuperate from our trip.  I know most year around schools have 2 week breaks for all breaks and 4 to 6 weeks of summer break.  

Anvanderbrook
by New Member on May. 6, 2015 at 7:36 PM
We are not a year round school. We are getting out about 3 days later than normal. But that is really the only difference in days. We lost a fall break too

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I would love it because we always went on vacation for 9 nights anyway so we would have a week to recuperate from our trip.  I know most year around schools have 2 week breaks for all breaks and 4 to 6 weeks of summer break.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 6, 2015 at 8:08 PM

That is why.  They moved some days from fall to spring.  I would love it still.  So many things we could do and see with 2 weeks.  Hell my college dd never has a spring break.  Just a 5 day weekend for Easter and a 4 day weekend in the fall and Christmas and Thanksgiving.  I would love if she had a week for spring break.  Most colleges do.  Her's doesn't.  

Quoting Anvanderbrook: We are not a year round school. We are getting out about 3 days later than normal. But that is really the only difference in days. We lost a fall break too
Quoting Anonymous 1:

mamatink7
by on May. 6, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Have a blast with the kids!! (We r the odd ones who looove every moment of breaks!!)
plan several mini field trips, perhaps vacation.
aj_mom
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 2:46 PM

That's awesome.

anon1986East
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:50 PM

I always wish I did when I was little. I had cousins in other states and they always had longer Winter, Spring, and Summer breaks than my siblings and I did. My kids have the same one week breaks I did. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)