Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long would you keep it?

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:03 PM
  • 16 Replies
Someone won a book in a raffle we had, 3 WEEKS AGO!, and still hasn't come to get it. I was cleaning and prob looked at it and said to myself they were never coming for it and prob threw it out. Well now my husband is mad because they came today looking for it. I'm sorry but if it was that important, why didn't they come for it 3 weeks ago? Now he wants me to go buy one to replace it and on top of that it's a freaking Christian book so now I have to go I to a Christian bookstore...ugh!
How long was I supposed to keep it? He says forever until they came to get it because it didn't belong to us, seriously?
by on May. 7, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthem311
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Bump
silverthreads
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have set it aside and kept it for a long time.......maybe a year.  And I would feel obligated to go buy the book after only three weeks.  Live and learn

momofthem311
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Really that long, even after someone offered to drive it to them? Guess I just think that's ridiculous.

Quoting silverthreads:

I would have set it aside and kept it for a long time.......maybe a year.  And I would feel obligated to go buy the book after only three weeks.  Live and learn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Live and learn. You should have set it to the side.
silverthreads
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:14 PM

You never know why someone was delayed in responding. 

Quoting momofthem311: Really that long, even after someone offered to drive it to them? Guess I just think that's ridiculous.
Quoting silverthreads:

momofthem311
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2015 at 1:15 PM
You're the second one to think so, guess I'm wrong?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Live and learn. You should have set it to the side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:16 PM

6 weeks or so but in the raffle ticket it should be noted* that if they don't pick-up it up within 6 weeks of winning they forfeit the prize. 

You should have just put in garage or somewhere it didn't occupy much room. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 7, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Yeah. Every one makes a mistake like that. I know i have.

Quoting momofthem311: You're the second one to think so, guess I'm wrong?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Live and learn. You should have set it to the side.
BL2010
by BL on May. 7, 2015 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have held onto it longer. Actually I would have tried contacting them again.

DisabledVet
by on May. 7, 2015 at 2:05 PM

You should have had a time limit expressed on the items for the drawing otherwise you're required to keep it until they come for it. I usually say the items must be picked up with 1 week of the drawing and I have this printed on posters and the tickets. .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)