Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF is wrong with people?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

This woman just moved in and she's got one of those really big bull dogs, a really grouchy and vicious type that most people assume ALL bully dogs are like. He doesn't like people, he reaaaaally doesn't like kids, and yet she does NOT have a fence or even keep him on a leash when she's letting him out to do his business. I wouldn't care really other than the fact that he doesn't stay in his yard, either, and believes that every yard he can see is HIS territory to protect. My kids are in our fenced-in backyard that has a high privacy fence so nobody can see them or get in without going through the gate or out our back door, so the dog can't get to them back there and all's well and good then. BUT, when we go out to get in the car in the driveway, that dog comes CHARGING at us, growling and snapping and snarling and trying to get at my 4yo son. When he came at my kid today, I wasn't fast enough so the dog knocked him down and he busted his lip. When he shrieked and I shoved at the dog with my booted foot - shoved, not kicked, even though I really wanted to beat its ass - I snatched my son and yelled as loud as I could for that woman to come get her dog or I was going to get my gun. She told me I can't shoot her dog and I said to her I damned well can if it attacks my kid again. She said he's not mean, just wants to play. Um, no, honey, he's trying to EAT my kid! So I called the cops and reported the dog and they took pics of my son's bloody lip and filed the report, gave the woman a ticket because we DO have leash laws, and she came banging on my door after they left. I told her through the storm door to keep her dog away from my kid and we'd have no problems, but if she lets him do it again, I'll call the cops again. She kept yanking on my door like she was trying to come at me so I took video on my phone while I told her to vacate my property and go back to her home with her dog and her ticket and leave me and my family alone. She KICKED the door and broke the window, so, guess what? Cops are coming again.

WTF is wrong with people? Keep your dog off my kid. It's real simple.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM

What an idiot! Just keep reporting her when you see the loose dog.

OrangeSunset
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM

She's really stupid! If she keeps letting the dog run wild, he's going to get hurt, killed, or picked up by Animal Control. And if he bites someone, she could be liable for whatever injuries are incurred.

DensHag
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I HATE irresponsible pet owners. I would be livid if I was you and I don't blame you for calling the cops.

And I thought I was pissed off this morning when I walked my dogs because other people around here hadn't picked up their dogs shit...I live in an apartment complex and don't want to step in it at night when I take mine out, so I end up picking up any I see.

People suck sometimes. I hope your son is okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM

Wow. I'd get a security camera if you don't already have one.

bresmommy21
by Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:38 PM

Yeah unfortunately you cannot pick your neighbors. Like previously replied, just keep reporting her. 

jws120567
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 3:23 AM

Ok, I'm a dog person, and even I say that what she and her dog did was horrible!  You are absolutely in the right for calling the police!  I would NEVER let my dog out without a leash, and he's friendly!

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM

The owner is out of control, it is easy to see why the dog is the way he is.

RitaTequila531
by 1MochaFrapp2go on Oct. 10, 2015 at 4:24 PM
This!

And keep reporting and documenting her. She messed with the wrong Mom.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Wow. I'd get a security camera if you don't already have one.

boredmomof1
by on Oct. 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM
As a pet owner with a unreliable dog I can't even imagine letting her run loose. I'm very careful with my dog because I know she is unpredictable and could hurt someone.

I would keep calling the cops and reporting her too.
derricksmom
by on Oct. 11, 2015 at 11:25 AM
WOW. sorry you have to deal with that but definitely keep calling the cops.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)