Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will baby be trick-or-treating?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM
  • 12 Replies

My Lucas is 7mos and we're going out trick-or-treating with some family and friends. I was planning to just put him in the carrier and not do anything as far as a costume or makeup or anything for him, but my husband said we should dress him up in a Halloween-y onesie, at least.

What do you think? When did/will your little ones dress up for Halloween the first time?

Mom blinkies  Mom blinkies

by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I never took mine as babies out.  Oldest was 18 months and she went to 2 or 3 houses.  Next year she went to maybe 5 or 6.  

Youngest was almost 2 when she went and only went to a few homes that year.  Oldest went to more since she was 4 1/2 that year.  

smartmommy1050
by Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:31 PM
We are dressing my 4 month old up in a costume when we take my older two out trick-or-treating
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Dd was one when she first went. We shared her candy. Well mostly dh and i.

Last year it was yucky out, and was drizzilimg and I just put ds in a sling and a blanket over him and carried him that way. Dd didn't do much.

This year we will try to get her bag filled half way. Both hers and ds's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:25 PM

Why don't you dress him up and show him off when handing out the candy to the kids when they come to your door.

WILDCATGAL78
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 11:47 AM

This is the first year my daughter dressed up and she is 2.5. We went trick or treating at Boo at the Zoo last weekend as well as last year. When she was a baby, I wanted to get a cute onesie, but couldn't find a cheap one in her size (for daycare). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 28, 2015 at 11:52 AM
My oldest was 2 weeks old his first Halloween and he had a peas in a pod costume. My youngest is 10 months and will be a vampire this year.
Candiebears
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 2:04 PM

We dressed my son up as a bear and he stayed in the stroller.

KatSparXX
by New Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 3:27 PM

DD is not 7, but when she was three months, I put her in a pumpkin onesie and took her to two of my neighbor's houses because they absolutely ADORED her and I wanted to go visit. It was a nice occasion for us to dress up and go out but we didn't go out to get candy or stay out in the cold for too long.

woolftwo
by Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Sure, why not! My son was also 7 months for his first Halloween. Dressed him up as a cute little black and purple bat. Don't remember where I found the costume. It was so adorable. 

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2015 at 11:30 PM

All my kids did trick or treating as babies and everyone was always dressed up. 

#1 was 7mo's
#2 was 6 wks old
#3 was 5mo's
#4 was 8mo's

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)