Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of little Dancers

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:26 AM
  • 2 Replies

This is a first for me.  My daughter just started Ballet and I know I have to do makeup for the performances.  But I have no clue how to makeup for a 4 year old little girl.  I can do the hair, leotard, tights, tutu, and shoes.  But make up..... I am totally lost.  I am not new to the dance game but only to the little girl dance game.  I have had 2 boys go thru dance, 1 of which is still doing it & loving it.  His older brother quit to do baseball.

I need help.  I know I got to put a little powder on her, some blush, but the eyes I have no clue.  only know eye liner and if I can manage mascara.  But what about Eye shadow??   I know many don't agree with make up on small children but state make up is only applied so the child doesn't look washed out on stage under all the nights, aka white as a ghost.

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 6, 2016 at 2:31 AM
The studio we dance at sends home guidelines.
It will depend on where the recital is and if the have stage lighting. Our guildlines are
Brown eyeshadow and mascara for the eyes
Blush
Red for lips (keeps it uniform)
And NO glitter

With out it the stage lighting washes them out with out the makeup
atlmom2
by Susie on Feb. 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM
The teacher should tell you but we put blush and eye shadow and mascara. And whatever lip color they requested. My dd danced 11 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)