Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the point, really?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I don't make my bed. I mean, if company's coming over or I've just changed the sheets or something, I'll make it then, but otherwise, I leave it alone. What's the point in making the bed just to mess it up again that evening? Plus, I read somewhere a few months ago that making your bed every day encourages DUST MITES! GAG

So, do you make your bed every day? 

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Mar. 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM

We do not make our bed in the morning. I sometimes will fix it when we get home from work. Hubby read the same story a couple weeks ago. He's always folded the sheets/comforter back for the bed to "air" out. :)

lizzig
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

not sure about dust mites but we don't make our beds every day either, well my daughter does but she likes to.  like you i do it when the sheets get changed.  no one sees our bed so.....

Flurffy
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 12:32 AM
I usually make it sometime through the day just because I like the bedroom to look neat.
Boogiefly
by Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:08 AM

I never do...lol.  My husband used to say that whoever leaft the bed last should make it. So we'd take turns.....HAAA...NOWE DIDN'T I ended up doing it all the time. One day I just didn't anymore.  And I haven't since.  I'll make iwhen we have company and I know people will see or be in my room.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM
Pretty much same as you. But I usually fold the sheets, blankets all the way back, as if to bring fresh air to the bed.
raccoonsrme
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:21 AM
We don't actually make the bed in the traditional way. But, we each straighten out our blankets and cover the bed in an old flannel sheet because the dogs and cats like to sleep on the bed during the day, and of course they shed. So we keep a lot of fur off the sheets.
cookiemonster77
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. When I wash the sheets I make the bed fantastic with crisp corners and everything. But it's not the same the rest of the week without taking it all apart and redoing it. I don't see the point of all that work everyday when my goal is to get up and get ready and get my day going! I don't need extra chores to slow me down!

kfonseca
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 7:41 PM
I make our bed everyday. It takes so little time and it just looks so much nicer when it's done. I can't justify not doing it.
AvantGardener
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 7:43 PM

I do. I can't sleep in an unmade bed. Also if it's unmade I have subconscious stress as if I have something that needs to be done or attended too. 

DirtyPrincess
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:27 PM
I can't function right if my bed doesn't get made. I usually make it up within 10 minutes of being awake.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)