Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Migraines

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM
  • 24 Replies
I worked today and it was so boring.  By the time I got home from work, I had such a migraine.  All I could do was take some excedrin migraine, lay down in a dark room and try not to throw up.  Head still feels heavy, but not as bad as I was.  Do any of you ladies get migraines? And what do you do for them?
by on Jan. 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
upintrees
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 6:47 AM
I get them once a month...its a part of my "cycle" Yuck!

When I get the "aura" I pop Excederin migraine before I actually start hurting.  If I dont do that, they last at least 12 hours.  The only time I didnt get my monthly migraine is when I was pregnant.  This is why I knew I was PG before I ever took a PG test...I missed my headache which always starts before my period.

I used to be on prescrip med, but I can't afford it now.  Excederin works really well though.
Kandie4225
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 10:14 AM
I get them bad, I have to take Motrin 800. Lights, Noise and Movement bothers me.
mommyjeannine
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 11:01 AM
I help my migraines by taking all natuural supplemnts from Shaklee.  They seem to help redue them.  I also suffer from fibromyalgia which has been much better since on them too.

Jeannine Moore www.freewebs.com/mommyjeannine2005

suthen_talk
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 11:18 AM

I've been getting Migrains since I was about 5 or 6 years old.  No one understood at that time what was going on with me so I was given regular aspirin..which didn't work.  I don't get them as often as I used to and I also take Excedrin Migrain capsules. I don't leave home without them. One bottle in the kitchen and one in my purse at all times.  When I feel one coming on I have to lie down in my bed with all the lights off, door closed, the room has to be cool or cold and it has to be quiet. These headaches kick my butt if I don't catch it in time. It took years to recognize the signs...it all starts with my eyes.  Even if I do catch it in time the "sickness" is with me and it's awful. It takes almost 48 hours for me to get over it.

wiser
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM
I suffer with migraines also, talking about the lil man with the sledge hammer!! I take prescription meds, only because OTC isn't really effective and I wound up causing my ulcers to give me hell for it.

Also I was just was wondering, when Excedrin migraine first came out, I thought of trying it but when I examined the ingredients of them, compared to the regular exceeding, low and behold no difference...except the price the migraine brand ran 1-2 dollars more.

Kimber8802
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 12:53 PM
i get ehm as part of my monthly care packageIcute way of putting my montly horrors) I am on a daily med I have not taken in a few days cause to be hoenst I cant swallow teh damn things( strep throat is not pretty0 so right now my head is hurting jsut about to bust I am hoping  the painin thorat will easo sson so I cna take my pills again..
think about 50% of us get them jsut from dialy stress and life and kids and hubbys and jobs its not fun but women are more prone to migriens than men.
cintia
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 1:48 PM
I am a daily sufferer of migraines. I take a prescription called Elavil to prevent them which had made them a bit more manageable. I was a daily Excedrin user till my doctor told me to stop taking them immediately. Excedrin causes rebound headaches. It may feel like the best thing your doing for yourself but it is one of the worst. There are days when I still want to take it because of the relief but I can't. I feel for all you ladies and I hope it get's better for you. I stopped having migraines while I was pregnant so I'm secretly waiting and hoping to become pregnant in the near future to hopefully have some relief.

Cintia
crazymommato4js
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM
I get them at least once a month on my "bad day" of my monthly. When I do get them I take 3 500mg. of tylenol(or generic) and that seems to work. When I get them on other days than my monthly they seem to last a lot longer and more intense. They go all the way into my neck too.It got so bad a couple of months ago that I was considering going to the dr. about it. Most of the time though I just try and go to bed early.....can't lay down much during the day......just too much to do....I just suffer until the meds kick in.
Shelah....mom to a Marine and 3 others still young and at home
superstar
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 2:31 PM
I went to a neurologist who said that my migraines were because I was on the pill. I stopped taking the pill and they got alot better. but now I am paranoid that I will get pregnant. I don't feel as safe even though I would use other forms of birth control. Anyway, I also take Relpax which is fairly expensive.

mother3x
by on Jan. 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM
I used to get terrible migraine headaches. I used to go the emergency room or the family doctor and get shots to 'knock me out'. However, at the onset of a slight headache I learned to start taking Tylenol (or whatever) and put ice on the back of the neck and the hands in water as warm as you can tolerate (washing dishes works). It has to do with blood flow and it really does help. The other thing that really helps is getting an appointment with the chiropractor at the onset of a headache. Both methods stopped many a migraine from getting severe. I used to suffer for days sometimes with them. Also going to the chiropractor once a month for an adjustment will help to keep headaches under control. When I got to menopause the migraine headaches almost stopped. Hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN