Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boundaries between my bf and his daughter

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
So I've been with my bf for just over 2 months and little things have had me feeling weird when it comes to him and his 8 y/o daughter. They would caress each other's face, she'd kiss him slowly and put her fingers through his hair, they'd cuddle, which is fine, but her one leg would be propped over his legs like it's disturbing to me, but now I'm feeling weirder and I want to know if it's normal for a grown man to be naked in the bathroom with his daughter like he said she was behind the curtain showering but she could easily look out you know and he doesn't see anything wrong with the picture... I'm just wondering if I'm being dramatic or what so please if you have harsh words just save it. Thank you
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 4:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 6:34 AM

I think the nudity is okay, if the girl is used to it, it depends on the family.

But I would watch carefully if they are just affectionate with each other or if something else that's inappropriate is going on. Trust your instincts and observe.

Good luck!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:27 AM

We have always been very comfortable/nude with out kids - but not when they were 8. If you feel the urge to talk about it - talk to her, not him. IF there were something going on, he'd be quick to deny it, she's still a child and you'd be able to see her discomfort.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
My 8 year old son still sees me naked at times, but that's because he forgets to knock and walks in on me...then quickly walks back out. Sometimes if I'm in the shower, he'll come in to use the bathroom, and that's no big deal.

But, we don't do the other stuff you've described....caressing and stuff..No.
Curlymom234
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah this sounds a little inappropriate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:36 AM

I can see how this might seem disturbing, so just observe for a while. Coming from a diffrent angle, I have an only child daughter and none of us have problems with nudity. We travel in an RV for 6 weeks every summer, so modesty is hard to be had. 

Sissy-Smurf
by Member on Oct. 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM

I would think it weird for him to be naked in the bathroom with her in the shower - or vise versa.  It may just seem weird to you because you're on the outside looking in and you aren't used to seeing that kind of relationship. I mean, you've only been in the picture for two months - so what you're witnessing is a little weird. Or it, at least seems that way.  

I'd bring it up to him... I don't know if bringing it up after just being with him this short time would do damage to your relationship because just by bringing it up, you'd seem as tho' you are suggesting something.. I wouldn't even know a right way to broach the subject but yes, to answer your question - I'd be uneasy about that behavior, too. 

DanaLiggins
by on Oct. 24, 2016 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it is totally inappropriate, along with the caressing and cuddling. Not a good sign at all. How does her mom feel about their relationship?? Just a question. Just by reading everything you have said about their actions, I would be alarmed...very alarmed.
Hottmomma607
by on Oct. 25, 2016 at 12:14 AM
I think if he was being inappropriate he would act a different way in front of you? Wouldn't be hide who he truly is?
It may seems weird to outsiders, normal to them.
But I say just watch him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 25, 2016 at 12:37 AM
That doesn't sound right to me. I would keep an eye on them for now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 25, 2016 at 12:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Quite honestly I find it disturbing you've already met his DD after only dating 2 months.

He sounds like a real class act.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)