Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why would someone go out of their way to....

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM
  • 52 Replies
4 moms liked this
make something that doesn't harm anyone else illegal? Like gay marriage? I've seen this on here today.
Ok great you have your beliefs, but they aren't everyone's beliefs. Why should gay people be treated any different or have any less rights than anyone else? They aren't like a different species or something. They are people like anyone. This is just getting so old. Move on to something that matters, that actually will have an impact on lives.
Fight for abused children or starving people or people with disabilities. Stop trying to make the whole world live like you think they should.
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Reverse your post. If someone has moral/religious objection to the gay/lesbian/trans lifestyle, why should they have to change or accomodate?

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 6:58 PM
6 moms liked this
But they don't. No one is forcing them to like it, or attend gay weddings or go to gay people's homes or be gay. Religious people want to force their religion into our schools, make Christianity our national religion, have the Bible passed out at schools and have the Ten Commandments monuments in public places.
No gay people have ever wanted to force their life style on anyone, they just want the same rights as any human and to be left alone to live as anyone would.

Quoting EireLass:

Reverse your post. If someone has moral/religious objection to the gay/lesbian/trans lifestyle, why should they have to change or accomodate?

Glitch202
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:39 PM

goodRight back atcha!

Glitch202
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:42 PM

Well excuse me!  But the United States was founded ONE NATION UNDER GOD long before you were a twitch in your daddy's testties!  Get over it. This nation was founded on Christian principles and beliefs.  Too bad you don't like it. 

Quoting momofthem311: But they don't. No one is forcing them to like it, or attend gay weddings or go to gay people's homes or be gay. Religious people want to force their religion into our schools, make Christianity our national religion, have the Bible passed out at schools and have the Ten Commandments monuments in public places. No gay people have ever wanted to force their life style on anyone, they just want the same rights as any human and to be left alone to live as anyone would.
Quoting EireLass:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Was it not also intended to be a country free from religious persecution?

Think about all the things you do in a day, all the things you enjoy, any kinks you may have. I'm willing to bet two things. One: that you do or enjoy at least one thing that another group of people disagree with, and two: that you do or enjoy at least one thing that is not following with Christian principles/beliefs. So, imagine how you'd feel if a group of people made it illegal for you to do that/those thing(s) and/or shunned you for doing that/those thing(s)...not because it hurts anyone, but because they don't approve. You wouldn't appreciate it either.

Quoting Glitch202:

Well excuse me!  But the United States was founded ONE NATION UNDER GOD long before you were a twitch in your daddy's testties!  Get over it. This nation was founded on Christian principles and beliefs.  Too bad you don't like it. 

Quoting momofthem311: But they don't. No one is forcing them to like it, or attend gay weddings or go to gay people's homes or be gay. Religious people want to force their religion into our schools, make Christianity our national religion, have the Bible passed out at schools and have the Ten Commandments monuments in public places.
No gay people have ever wanted to force their life style on anyone, they just want the same rights as any human and to be left alone to live as anyone would.

Quoting EireLass:

tsatske2
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Here's the thing, if the supreme court has already decided on an issue, the only way to make it illegeal after that is to pass a constitutional amendment. First most of the states have to pass it through their ballets, then the congress has to pass it - it's not easy. the equal rights amendment never passed. So don't worry too much. There are things a president or congressman can do, and things they can't.

Glitch202
by on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:09 PM

That is fine feel free to worship whatever God or no god or godling or spirit or piece of dust you want to.  But I am tired of people telling me that it is wrong to BE ONE NATION UNDER GOD, when that is how it was founded.  And I am tired of the Christian bashing left and right.  The wind blows wrong and everyone blames a Christian or Jesus.  Someone put on here the other day that being a Republican meant you had Christian values.  Really?  Since when?  

Quoting Anonymous 1: Was it not also intended to be a country free from religious persecution? Think about all the things you do in a day, all the things you enjoy, any kinks you may have. I'm willing to bet two things. One: that you do or enjoy at least one thing that another group of people disagree with, and two: that you do or enjoy at least one thing that is not following with Christian principles/beliefs. So, imagine how you'd feel if a group of people made it illegal for you to do that/those thing(s) and/or shunned you for doing that/those thing(s)...not because it hurts anyone, but because they don't approve. You wouldn't appreciate it either.
Quoting Glitch202:

Quoting momofthem311: But they don't. No one is forcing them to like it, or attend gay weddings or go to gay people's homes or be gay. Religious people want to force their religion into our schools, make Christianity our national religion, have the Bible passed out at schools and have the Ten Commandments monuments in public places. No gay people have ever wanted to force their life style on anyone, they just want the same rights as any human and to be left alone to live as anyone would.
Quoting EireLass:

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM
3 moms liked this
No it wasn't. Under god wasn't added until the 1950's I believe, cannot recall the exact year at the moment. Also this country was not founded on Christian principals, do a little more history research.

Quoting Glitch202:

Quoting momofthem311: But they don't. No one is forcing them to like it, or attend gay weddings or go to gay people's homes or be gay. Religious people want to force their religion into our schools, make Christianity our national religion, have the Bible passed out at schools and have the Ten Commandments monuments in public places.

Quoting EireLass:

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Jul 4, 2015 - Begun by George Washington, signed by John Adams and ratified unanimously by a Senate still half-filled with signers of the Constitution, this treaty announced firmly and flatly to the world that "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

I'll just leave this here for you

Quoting Glitch202:

Quoting EireLass:

bluebunnybabe
by Member on Nov. 11, 2016 at 11:29 PM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Quoting EireLass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)