Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A SERIOUS QUESTION... KIND OF. MAYBE TMI FOR SOME

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 6:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
everything that the human body does.... it does for a specific reason.

for example. the vagina has mucous membranes to lubricate it. the mucous itself has all sorts of hormones and bacteria in it.... because that balances the ph and what have you... all has a purpose.

what the hell purpose does it serve that my nipples get hard when i am cold? i am so dead serious! will my nipples somehow protect me from freezing to death? with they somehow bring me comfort by being hard?

i shiver when cold.... as everyone does. this serves the purpose of warming the body. the muscle contractions produce heat
there is a purpose to shivering.

however i have yet to find out what the purpose is to hard nipples. they do not prevent heat loss when hard, they do not stop me from shivering. the only thing i feel i can accomplish with hard nipples is either being gawked at by some skeevy perv or cutting glass.

does anyone know what purpose this body reaction serves?

michel'e   owner of 30 and beyond  http://www.cafemom.com/group/30264 

co-admin of autism,/asperger's/pdd awareness  and autism & special needs adoption

by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy2AidenAlex
by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 8:38 AM
LOL I have no clue but it sure in the hell made me laugh this morning! LOL
simplyme277
by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 8:42 AM
I know when one is cold the skin constricts to try and keep one warm...guess this goes along with it since nipples are made of skin?
It's just my guess! LOL
Thanks for the laugh!
Cabin fever has set in!!!! UGHHH

DollytheBrat
by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM
ok.. men notice when your nipples get hard... its like radar, so maybe it is your bodies way of "asking to be warmed up"... who knows that may not be such a great thing in modern times but maybe in cave man times it was?  

i honestly think it has more to do with the second responders explanation though, the pours of your skin close to try and keep the body heat in .

Please stop by and sign my guest book, if you leave me a message I will sign yours too. Thanks.

Free the west memphis 3

learn more @ wm3.org

mizreilly
by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know but this was so funny....I call that titty-freeze.  Love those bras with padding for that reason!
LoinND
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM

your warmer when your sexy... ask any man if he thinks you look hot when your nipples are hard... then come back and tell me I am a genius : )

BekahBrownEyes
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I have the same issue. My nipples poke out far. I hate it. I don't know the purpose either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)