Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support... What does this mean?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Okay last year I received papers from child support in the mail to fill out if I want a review of child support. And I filled them out and turned them in. Because my sons father lied to the court system and told them he didn't have a job when he in fact did. Today I received a letter that says :

The current support order is not appropriate. We will issue an Administrative Order to modify the amount of the child support order. The current support amount is $50.00 per month. The modified amount is $274.00 per month based on the information provided, or on imputed income if the information was not provided. If your obligation is to be paid in any frequency other than monthly, it has been converted here to a monthly figure. However, you should continue to pay your child support according to the frequency stated in your court order.

I called my child support office and asked them what this meant and the lady was rude and said she didn't know and hung up. Can anyone tell me what this means?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 7, 2017 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof337
by Stephanie on Mar. 7, 2017 at 9:27 AM
Imputing income simply means that the court treats the parent’s income as if it is more than what the parent is actually earning. If a court determines that a parent is unemployed, underemployed or earning less than what he or she was previously earning to avoid child support payments, the court can impute a certain amount of additional income to that parent
karene999
by Member on Mar. 7, 2017 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like they are increasing your child support from 50 to 274 per month.

boymommyaz
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2017 at 9:42 PM
To me it seems like you are getting 274/month .
MAMAx3boyz
by Member on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:05 PM
Are you the custodial parent or the one paying child support?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 7:06 PM

It means that you should be receiving $274 a month instead of $50

Often if the NCP is unemployed, they will calculate child support based off a full time, minimum wage job. In many states you can't just be unemployed to avoid paying child support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN