Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you do it? (Possible Trigger) warning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Two days ago I went in for my abortion, I was at 13 weeks. I was and still am positive I made the right choice for me and my family. The fact I already have a baby made it really hard to go though. I do feel relieved, but at the same time I'm feeling so many other emotions and I'm not tryring to call out of work until I feel better, we struggle enough as is and I can't afford to lose my job. How did you handle your emotions after an abortion? What were you feeling afterwards? I feel everything from guilt to sadness, numb, angry, empty etc and th mood swings are relentless. I need advice please
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

no sympathy from me, you killed your baby...

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:11 PM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I have not had an abortion, but I worked in a women's center where these were done and have talked to many ladies who have had abortions. What you are dealing with is normal. It will take time and you need to grieve. Please, and I know this is easier said than done, but try not to keep beating yourself up. You did what you needed to.

I wonder if you could talk with your GYN or maybe a counselor just for a little bit?

BL2010
by BL on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Wow...

Quoting Anonymous 2:

no sympathy from me, you killed your baby...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I've never had an abortion, but don't forget you're also having huge, sudden hormone changes. Give yourself time.
momof337
by Stephanie on Mar. 20, 2017 at 4:33 PM
Ive never had one,but my sil had.Hormones,give yourself time HUGS
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Ignore the assholes on here.  Take care of yourself.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 9:01 AM

Nope. No sympathy from me either. You murdered that baby because it was inconvienent for you.

froggymom23
by on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:02 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. Nobody has a right to judge you. Your body ,mind and spirit have been through a difficult  trauma and you will need healing in all three aspects of yourself. It would be a benefit for you to seek some counseling to help you during this difficult time. I will say a special prayer for you tonight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Why the hell wait 13 weeks? It didn't feel inconvenient at 6? I mean damn it's full formed at 13 weeks😤😢
jws120567
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2017 at 1:58 PM

I was sad, but it was a life-saving measure.  I'm sorry for your pain and sadness!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)