Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe in the Loch Ness Monster. Do you?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:03 AM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have had a fascination with the Loch Ness Monster since I read about it in a book when I was 7 years old.  I decided right then and there that some day I would travel to Loch Ness and see it for myself.  I know what you're thinking.  I'm an idiot, right?  I read anything I could get my hands on about the subject; inspected all of the photographs.  I know many (most? all?) of them are hoaxes.  But it sort of became this "X-Files" "I want to believe" situation for me.  I know logically and biologically it doesn't make any sense for such a creature to exist.  But I feel like a child on the cusp of figuring out the truth about Santa Claus.  That moment in your life where you realize it's not true, but you still want it to be true.  And somehow I'm happily trapped in that moment.  I know it's not real, but I want it to be real.  I've shown the very same book that originally fascinated me to DS and made him promise that when he turns 30 yo we will celebrate with a trip to Scotland to see for ourselves.

jaw drop

by on Apr. 24, 2017 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BL2010
by BL on Apr. 24, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Nope, I don't think you're an idiot and I think it's great that you promised DS to go there when he's 30! Personally, I don't dispute anything without some good hard facts proving if it does or does not exist.

jws120567
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 3:41 PM

It's impossible to know every single creature living under water, and those lakes and the oceans are so deep!  I absolutely believe there's something to the Nessie story, so I don't think you're crazy at all.  I really hope you get to Scotland and end up seeing her!

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM

I don't think you're crazy. Look at all the things out there, that various people believe in, that really aren't proven. (or maybe they are, and I'm not up on it) Ghosts, Aliens, etc. 

Never mind the Loch Ness monster....going to Scotland would be a wonderful trip in itself!! Have you thought about seeing "Champ"? The same type of creature in Lake Champlain, Vermont?

austinaggie1516
by New Member on Apr. 29, 2017 at 10:11 PM

I hope there is a Loch Ness (I hate calling him monster) and Bigfoot. But if discovered we humans would destroy them. I hope they exist and remain undiscovered...

I think the trip to Scotland with your son will be amazing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)