Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party help?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2017 at 10:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm normally the party planner of my family but for once... I need help! My mom and stepdad will be celebrating 30 years of marriage in January- yay! My brothers (2) and I will be hosting a party in our hometown (they still live there) to celebrate. We are all going to pay for stuff.
I am opening a Facebook page to start inviting people because our family and friends network is rather large.
I have no idea how to word our event without sounding redundant. What I basically want to say is:
the children of A and B ask you to join them in celebrating 30 year anniversary... blah blah blah ... no gifts... but you know I would like it to sound nice.
None of us live near anymore. I'm the closest at 3&1/2 hours away and my brothers are 5 hours away. We already have the venue. We will figure out food and all that soon (I hope).
Any advice at this point will help lol
Thanks in advance.
by on Aug. 27, 2017 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Bump
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Aug. 27, 2017 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

In honor of our parents 30th anniversary, we would like to invite all who are near and dear to Bob and Louise to celebrate this noteworthy event with food, wine and song.  Please help us celebrate!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 28, 2017 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a toughie.  Do you have any friends of know friends of your parents that live there/

Do they have a church?  Maybe the paster can put you in touch with someone who would just love to help you because  they are such dears.

Perhaps you might say your presence will be the best gift.

My nephew was quite gifted and had access to photimaging and  all that stuff.  He out together a photo display and a video with of course their favorite tunes from wedding through their life and images some were stills and some bits from movie cameras on forward.  It was lovely .

I happen to quilt and we had stabilzed cloth on a table with fabric pens.  The squares were  marked so they knew the boundaries and they could draw or write what they liked..  I then quilted  it all together with other fabrics and they had a memory.

If you know what flowers they had at their wedding, maybe use those for table decorations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Your presence is the present.  No gifts please.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM
People generally know to bring a card and a card only to a party like that. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, if people want to bring a gift, you can't really stop them no matter how you phrase it.
atlmom2
by Susie on Aug. 29, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Very true.  I had a small shower/brunch for my Mom before she married my stepdad and invted about  8 of my Mom's close friends.  It was a surprise and she didn't even know I was in town.  Her friend got her to the mall and the restaurant saying she had something to return, lol.   I put NO GIFTS.  One lady got my Mom a corsage and everyone else just gave her cards.  Before she arrived one did ask me why I said no gifts and I said Mom doesn't need or want anything and just having her friends there will be special.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: People generally know to bring a card and a card only to a party like that. I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, if people want to bring a gift, you can't really stop them no matter how you phrase it.

kirasmart
by on Oct. 11, 2017 at 8:59 AM

We used a wedding planner ( http://www.vegasweddingsplanner.com/ ) to help us arrange our 15 wedding anniversary party. They prepared everything for us, so I even didn't lift a finger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)