Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad? Good? What is good medical insurance

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
I don't want to go into a lot of detail but...what insurance do you have? We currently have blue cross blue shield and I've loved it. My husband wants to get s different job but it doesn't provide insurance. He cslled someone for insurance and they said that we qualify for a subsidy. Right now we pay 196 for insurance and it's a good plan in my opinion. The insurance the person told him about is medica and cost 269 and he is waiting for specifics on how good the coverage is. The medica deductible is double what our blue cross is. I don't want him to get a new job but he's doing what he does best and that's throw a fit so I said whatever. He's really pissing me off but the new job he would make more more even if we had to pay for medical
by on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
3gr8tKids
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM
Single payer blue care network of Michigan at a whooping $650 a month.
Double what I payed last year.
Great insurance not sure how much longer I'll be able to afford it though.
Baechlemom2
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:25 PM
Ugh it's frustrating! He said the lady told him that if we got blue cross on our own it'd be 1700 a month. That's just insane. Our family deductible now is 2000 and the new insurance itd be 4000 with just me and him. It's all so freaking confusing

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Single payer blue care network of Michigan at a whooping $650 a month.
bluebunnybabe
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:27 PM
We have insurance through my husband's job. It's a ppo & I think the deductible is $2000. From what I've seen, the plans through the marketplace have high deductibles.
3gr8tKids
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 1:28 PM
It's very frustrating - my deductible is 500.00. If I chose a less expensive plan it would have been 5K

Quoting Baechlemom2: Ugh it's frustrating! He said the lady told him that if we got blue cross on our own it'd be 1700 a month. That's just insane. Our family deductible now is 2000 and the new insurance itd be 4000 with just me and him. It's all so freaking confusing

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Single payer blue care network of Michigan at a whooping $650 a month.
Baechlemom2
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 3:32 PM
That's where we have insurance right now too, his job. There are so many things I feel he isn't considering in the decision. I keep telling him you might make more but you very well could end up paying more for the things that are needed done medically. Like he just had surgery on his hand and his deductible was already almost met so we are hardly having to pay anything at all

Quoting bluebunnybabe: We have insurance through my husband's job. It's a ppo & I think the deductible is $2000. From what I've seen, the plans through the marketplace have high deductibles.
Baechlemom2
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 3:34 PM
Doesn't help that there are all these things that I don't understand lol Like terms or whatever and things that can affect certain things.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: It's very frustrating - my deductible is 500.00. If I chose a less expensive plan it would have been 5K

Quoting Baechlemom2: Ugh it's frustrating! He said the lady told him that if we got blue cross on our own it'd be 1700 a month. That's just insane. Our family deductible now is 2000 and the new insurance itd be 4000 with just me and him. It's all so freaking confusing

bluebunnybabe
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 4:00 PM
My husband & I have discussed many times over the years how much of an increase in pay it would need to be for him to go from his job to another job that didn't have similar health insurance & other benefits. It's really something that has to be considered these days. He actually did end up changing jobs about six months ago but for more money & almost identical health insurance.

Quoting Baechlemom2: That's where we have insurance right now too, his job. There are so many things I feel he isn't considering in the decision. I keep telling him you might make more but you very well could end up paying more for the things that are needed done medically. Like he just had surgery on his hand and his deductible was already almost met so we are hardly having to pay anything at all

Quoting bluebunnybabe: We have insurance through my husband's job. It's a ppo & I think the deductible is $2000. From what I've seen, the plans through the marketplace have high deductibles.
3gr8tKids
by Member on Sep. 18, 2017 at 7:38 PM
I called blue care network directly and got a representative on the phone. It took about 45 minutes to an hour to go through various plans and terminology. She was so polite and so helpful.

Quoting Baechlemom2: Doesn't help that there are all these things that I don't understand lol Like terms or whatever and things that can affect certain things.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: It's very frustrating - my deductible is 500.00. If I chose a less expensive plan it would have been 5K

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:03 PM

We both have insurance through work which is TML.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)