Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's who have moved to a different state!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We're finally starting to get stuff in place for our move from MN to CO!! 😄

How much money did you guys save before you moved? Any tips to make the move easier?!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 2, 2017 at 5:40 PM
Replies (11-15):
midjet117
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM

We moved from NY to PA, then back to NY a yr and a half later lol. We didn't save much money seeing as the location in PA was only an hour away from where we lived. We just packed our crap in a Uhaul and moved. 

simplemom
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Do you get scared/emotional with each move even though it’s for a promotion. We have moved a few times like that for Dh’s work and even though it’s a good move career wise, I still get anxious for some reason. It’s like my life is getting all shook up.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Money wasn't an issue. We moved 10 times with dh's promotions at work.

AMA
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2017 at 11:42 AM
Quoting simplemom: Do you get scared/emotional with each move even though it’s for a promotion. We have moved a few times like that for Dh’s work and even though it’s a good move career wise, I still get anxious for some reason. It’s like my life is getting all shook up.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Money wasn't an issue. We moved 10 times with dh's promotions at work.

AMA

Not really. Always knew we would move a lot, not 10 times though. We always thought of it as an adventure. So did our girls.
simplemom
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 5:18 PM
That’s a good way to look at it. Do you usually buy a house or rent in each different place?

Quoting Anonymous 3:
Quoting simplemom: Do you get scared/emotional with each move even though it’s for a promotion. We have moved a few times like that for Dh’s work and even though it’s a good move career wise, I still get anxious for some reason. It’s like my life is getting all shook up.

AMA

Not really. Always knew we would move a lot, not 10 times though. We always thought of it as an adventure. So did our girls.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 26, 2017 at 5:43 PM

We bought during our 2nd move and bought from then on except Italy.  

Quoting simplemom: That’s a good way to look at it. Do you usually buy a house or rent in each different place?
Quoting Anonymous 3:
Quoting Anonymous 3: Money wasn't an issue. We moved 10 times with dh's promotions at work. AMA

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)