Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I take over my boyfriend's small business??

Posted by   + Show Post
So my boyfriend started up his own small business a couple years ago, but he is no longer operating it/ not selling items anymore.

Anyways, I'm a stay-at- home mom and we've talked about me starting up a small business with some diy bath/beauty products so I would have an income (hopefully!) and he mentioned that maybe I can just use his old business.... Like he's got the name, a business license for it, etc. I guess I'm just wondering if I can start selling my own stuff under his company without having to do anything?? Or would my name need to go on the business license maybe?? Would I be able to change the current name of the company?? Would letting me take over cause any issues when filling taxes??

If anyone knows anything about this sort of thing I would certainly appreciate any insight!!
by on Nov. 6, 2017 at 8:38 AM
Replies (11-15):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2017 at 6:56 AM
If it's his business you'll need to do some kind of legal switchover but I don't know what that would be. He may have to sell it to you.
SamanthaSmith
by on Dec. 4, 2017 at 7:22 AM

I agree with the opinion that it's better to get some legal paperwork going to transfer it to you.  Additionally I can suggest you to check this platform http://roix.io for seaching the best selling products and analyzing market. It helped me great when I started my own small business a few months ago. Good luck with your new business! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 7:17 AM

Why do people come on here and ask questions only an attorney should answer? 

amybrg86
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Because maybe there's 1 or more ladies on here who might know the answer and/or have actually done this. It's worth a shot.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 9:10 AM

But every state and country is different. What goes in one spot, won't go in another. Personally, for anything legal, I wouldn't take hte advice of a total stranger on a forum.

Quoting amybrg86: Because maybe there's 1 or more ladies on here who might know the answer and/or have actually done this. It's worth a shot.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)