Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chore Chat

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM
  • 10 Replies
Who does a chore chat for there child(ren)?? Does what work and what do you do for a prize?? If they go a whole week with doing there chores?
by on Nov. 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2017 at 3:10 PM
Never heard of it. I say and they do. There is nothing regular just some days I ask them to do and some I don’t.
everydaymom08
by on Nov. 7, 2017 at 3:13 PM
My oldest asked me to do one for him

Quoting MixedCooke: Never heard of it. I say and they do. There is nothing regular just some days I ask them to do and some I don’t.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2017 at 3:14 PM
But what is it like a chart that they earn something afterwards. I’m not against allowances to help them learn about finances, being responsible and being accountable as well as a good work ethic.

Quoting everydaymom08: My oldest asked me to do one for him

Quoting MixedCooke: Never heard of it. I say and they do. There is nothing regular just some days I ask them to do and some I don’t.
everydaymom08
by on Nov. 7, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Basically it’s list of chores like put toys away make bed brush teeth before bed. If they do it than they get a little suprise

Quoting MixedCooke: But what is it like a chart that they earn something afterwards. I’m not against allowances to help them learn about finances, being responsible and being accountable as well as a good work ethic.

Quoting everydaymom08: My oldest asked me to do one for him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2017 at 8:00 PM
I'm actually starting a chore chart this week. It needs to exist in my house.
chaoticjoy
by on Nov. 9, 2017 at 10:54 AM

I wish I had done this with my older kids, at least some type of system to hold them accountable for their own chores. I have done some reading on this because I also have a 3 year-old and I would like to find ways to motivate her instead of always fighting to get things done. I found this article very helpful. I don't think there is anything wrong with rewarding children for a job well done, it will also teach them some lessons in budgeting. Blessings to you!

midjet117
by Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:41 PM

I don't. I'm constantly telling them that they need to clean their room. 

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 3:48 AM
When they were younger I did.
Wildcard996
by New Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:27 PM

This was very helpful, thank you.

Quoting chaoticjoy:

I wish I had done this with my older kids, at least some type of system to hold them accountable for their own chores. I have done some reading on this because I also have a 3 year-old and I would like to find ways to motivate her instead of always fighting to get things done. I found this article very helpful. I don't think there is anything wrong with rewarding children for a job well done, it will also teach them some lessons in budgeting. Blessings to you!

jad1027
by New Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:21 PM

I bought a really cute one on wayfair.com

Didn't work in my house, but looks nice on my kitchen wall.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)