Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I need some advice. My sister in law (brother in laws wife) is driving me crazy. It seems as if she feels the need to follow all of my life’s footsteps. From when she first came into the family it’s been about keeping up with my next move. When I announced my pregnancy the topic became how she had to have a baby now & she rushed to plan her wedding and it seems like throughout my pregnancy the focus was her wedding. She did not want to be around me throughout my pregnancy it seems and even missed my shower, as she conveniently planned a vacation at the same time. As soon as my baby was born the topic became her trying for a little girl (we had a girl). As soon as she got pregnant she insisted on going to my ob/gyn. Now that she’s almost due she’s insisting on going to my kids pediatrician who is not accepting new patients but she of course threw my name in there and begged he take her baby as a patient.

Am I being petty or does this seem a little odd? I just don’t want this to continue once her baby is born. I feel like she will make it a competition from now on and it’s frustrating.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BL2010
by BL on Nov. 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Sheesh, sounds like everything is a competition for her. But since she is family, you're most likely going to have to learn to deal with it. Personally, I would try to limit my time around her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 3:18 PM

I am sorry about the situation you find yourself in. Congratulations on your LO! I guess each of us have people who want to compete with us and sometimes there is nothing wrong about it as long as it is a healthy competition. It maybe just that she is setting you as her benchmark. Hope you enjoy every moment of being wife to your husband and mother to your sweet LO!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 20, 2017 at 8:09 PM

Less contact with them and keeping your mouth shut would help.  Don't be having any parties or family gatherings with them.

caydensmommy8
by on Nov. 22, 2017 at 2:53 PM
She sounds like a nut. Try distancing yourself for her for a while.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 27, 2017 at 6:45 PM

I would just leave her be. She may be very insecure about herself which is projecting as jealousy and self-centeredness. She can't see herself the way you do, therefore would most likely disagree with anything you might say about it. Let her live her life the way she wants and just step back and see it for what it is. It's a compliment to you though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)