Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SingleMom and Dating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

blank stareCan we talk ladies? Dating as a single mom is extrememly hard .Is anyone else having the experiences I am where you meet someone think its going ok then he pulls the rug from under you? or have any of you meet someoe that had so much baggage  you want to run from him or have ran from him?  im gonna list someof my dating experiences and if anyone else had some simular experiences let me know im not alone.

Example Number One:

Met a gentleman online we exchanged numbers after a week of  talking on him. when we met he said to me he was a forklift driver .I said to myself OK he has a job that ,everything he said seemed legit, until we continued speaking but i noticed he wasn't ever at work or when he went to work it was for 2 hours out of the day. i watched this action for about 1 more week before i asked what times do you work? The answer i got left me looking into the phone as WHAAAAT did you say ?  he says to me i used to work as a forklift driver but now i work at MCDONALD'S part time( nothing against McDonald's workers ) but at his age 48 i felt he could be doing better (no judgment ,just saying) then the confessions continued he went from having 1 child to being the father of 8 with 5 baby mothers( I listened before I hit the Block Button on my iPhone) i said on your profile it said college educated father of 1 he said i need to get my GED  , he continued to say he put those things on his profile hoping someone will see the good in him. so i explained no one would see the good once you lie or try to trap them .it was lost to him,he couldn't understand my reasoning... in turn he says to me that's why he only dates white women because they are more understanding.. i laughed so hard because i figured  black or white  no one wants an anchor in life .oh and before i was done with this nonsense h found a way to ask me if i can send him 20 dollars through western union for gas money. The block button couldn't be reached fast enough..lol.

So ladies I ask  am I the only one having a hard time being a single mom and dating?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 9, 2017 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MysticLove
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 3:43 PM

I was a single mom for 10 years. Dating was very hard. 

zeesmuse
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:00 AM

I gave up. Completely. Most men I met were sponges, liars and cheats. A dating service set me up with a man who had been married 6 times! I couldn't believe it. Another man they set me up with - we had NOTHING in common! He hadn't seen his teen daughter in 3 years because he like country living (he lived in someone's shed) and she liked city living. Oh, they lived within 30 minutes of each other. He refuses to go into any urban area! Did I mention I'm a musician and have season tickets to the symphony and tend to hang at art gallaries? 

The last one - his picture was at least 15 years old, he forgot to mention most of his teeth were knocked out, we met at a public park and he was one hour late, wore a nasty, paint splattered tee shirt, unwashed jeans and smelled horrible. He grabbed me said - so all of this mine? (no.) We went to breakfast and as I was trying to leave, he grabbed me again and shoved his tongue past my tonsils! We won't mention the extremely unbelievable tall tales he told me. hey talk about women never stop talking - he never shut up! And then he got angry when he called 3 days later (his opening line was - hey sexy, did you like what you saw? - uhm... no I didn't) and I told him we had no chemestry and good luck on his search. I got ugly curse filled rants at all hours of the night for several days!

And we won't mention my high school sweetheart contacting me out of the blue a few years back. It was 6 months of love and he fed me a line and half that I'm ashamed to say I fell for. 6 months later, he texts me to tell me he can't deal with the long distance relationship (5 hours) and when I move to his area, we can try again. 

I give up. Really. I give up. My son is grown and honestly, my only reason for wanting a man around would be for financial reasons, which is wrong, so nope. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 3:47 PM

I swear its so hard, my son keeps saying mom I want a daddy but he is to young to understand the kind of men that is out here. They are either broke, uneducated or worst BOTH.I have net more men looking for friends with benefit type relationships or just lazy daters ( they want me to do all the work , courting,paying, etc). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)