Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoying mother-in-law

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Alright. So we're currently transitioning into a new apt and while in the midst of this we're staying in my mother-in-laws RV/camper in her backyard (with no running water).

Sooo... she has 2 (ugly) dogs. I like dogs, but can't stand the fur everywhere and this lady babies her dogs like I've never seen! She'll tell them to 'get down' or 'get off the couch' or 'go lay down' or 'go away' or 'no licking and then 5 seconds later she's letting them do what she asked them not to do! She 'doesn't like' them getting under her office desk and whining because they want her to pet them, yet she musters up the strength to pet, snuggle, and pull them up on the office chair with her! These dogs are so spoiled its disgusting.

ANYWAYS, when we're in the house I'm always telling these dogs THE SAME SH*T she says, but she always makes comments to the dogs after I say that stuff like 'I'm sorry babies' or 'Yeah I know, she's not a dog person'.

So today, I had just finished giving my son a bath in her house (remember, no water in the camper) and I was trying to get him dressed when one of the nosey dogs comes over, starts sniffing with his nasty wet nose and tries to lick me/my son and I simply said 'go away'. In the background I hear "come here Morgan (<---- dogs name), come on baby" and then "You know he just wants some lovin' Ashley (me)--- they're just not used to y'all being here yet". OH. MY. JESUS. Get a grip lady! Put the damn dogs in their room and quit babying them!

After that we retreated to the camper for the rest of the day and I haven't spoken to her. Am I wrong here??? Isn't this a little much?? And to make a nasty little side comment like she did is what really pisses me off--especially when she says the same exact stuff!! I know she'll probably ask if something is bothering me tomorrow, but should I tell her it's this dog nonsense or just leave it alone??!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:39 PM
Why is that the defense for this?----'They're her dogs'...'it's her house'...

So if a dog jumps up on me in ANY persons home, I'm not supposed to say anything???? Not even a 'no'???? They just get to do whatever they want???

We're not spending money on a hotel room.

Quoting Anonymous 7: They're HER dogs living in HER house. The dogs sound friendly and sweet. You don't.

Rent a hotel room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:43 PM
Well, a hotel room would just be a waste of money...but, ALMOST worth it just to get away from the dogs and having to see how annoying she is with them.

If you don't have anything constructive to share, you can comment on someone else's post. :)

Quoting Anonymous 6: Which one are you gonna do go to a hotel or shut the hell up?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ahhh well thank you to both of you for the super advice.

Quoting Anonymous 6: This right here is the perfect advice

Quoting EireLass:

Go stay in a hotel or shut up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:17 AM

I think you're whiney and entitled. You're living there for free. It's her house. Just get your shit together and move already if it bothers you that much. 

You could just borrow the camper and hook it up at an RV park if it pisses you off that much. (I don't supposed you've ever heard of closing the bathroom door while you're bathing your kid.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM

That is constructive advice. Hotels are open to everyone. And while there, nobody says stupid things to you, and nobody licks your kids. 

But as you point out.....it costs money. 

So if you're going to be a leech, then you really don't get a voice.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well, a hotel room would just be a waste of money...but, ALMOST worth it just to get away from the dogs and having to see how annoying she is with them. If you don't have anything constructive to share, you can comment on someone else's post. :)
Quoting Anonymous 6: Which one are you gonna do go to a hotel or shut the hell up?
Quoting EireLass:

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:29 AM

If that's how the owner wants her dogs to behave, then yes, you do put up with it when you go to anyones home. Otherwise, you don't go to their home. The key words here are THEIR HOME. 

And yea.....you should continue to keep pointing out that your a bitchy leech.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why is that the defense for this?----'They're her dogs'...'it's her house'... So if a dog jumps up on me in ANY persons home, I'm not supposed to say anything???? Not even a 'no'???? They just get to do whatever they want??? We're not spending money on a hotel room.
Quoting Anonymous 7: They're HER dogs living in HER house. The dogs sound friendly and sweet. You don't. Rent a hotel room.

Wildcard996
by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Leave it alone. You wont be living there for long, once you get moved you wont have to go back over there, she can come visit you without the dogs.

I would keep peace, she your child grandmother and without her you wouldn't have your husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 6:09 AM
We cannot move into our apt until early Jan.

No, we can't go to an rv park. That's just too much hassle and makes no sense.

I did close the door after seeing that the dogs couldn't stay out.

Quoting Anonymous 8:

I think you're whiney and entitled. You're living there for free. It's her house. Just get your shit together and move already if it bothers you that much. 

You could just borrow the camper and hook it up at an RV park if it pisses you off that much. (I don't supposed you've ever heard of closing the bathroom door while you're bathing your kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 6:11 AM
Not being a leech, kind lady.

Quoting EireLass:

That is constructive advice. Hotels are open to everyone. And while there, nobody says stupid things to you, and nobody licks your kids. 

But as you point out.....it costs money. 

So if you're going to be a leech, then you really don't get a voice.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Well, a hotel room would just be a waste of money...but, ALMOST worth it just to get away from the dogs and having to see how annoying she is with them.

If you don't have anything constructive to share, you can comment on someone else's post. :)

Quoting EireLass:

jws120567
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 8:37 AM

I get that you're frustrated, but frankly I see where she's coming from.  You started the post with an attitude about the dogs.  If I were her, I would think that you aren't a dog person either.  Can't you be nicer to the dogs when you're in her home?  They just want to be loving, they sound sweet.  You sound cranky.  Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM
Go stay in a hotel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)