Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time with friends or family?!

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 8:28 PM
  • 32 Replies
I am so irritated!!! My husband just left to go visit a friend. Its 8pm and I know he will be out until at least midnight. Since he finds it necessary to be gone so long, i don't see why he wouldn't have gone there at like 6 and then he could have been home by at least 10pm if he needs to be gone for 4 HOURS just to 'stop by and say hi'.

This friend also lives next door to a bar they used to frequent when they were younger-- so even though he doesn't tell me theyre going there, I would bet they are and I don't like that because I think it's irrespoonsible. Plus, this friend is an alcoholic---a functioning, working alcoholic but still... I don't like my husband being around this guy and he goes and hangs out with him whenever he's home (he works out of state). Yes, my husband will be drinking tonight (hate that!), but I know he's not boozing up like his friend does at least. These guys have been best friends for like 20 years and it makes me so upset cuz I really dislike this guys lifestyle and even though my husband can control himself with drinking, I still don't like him being around this guy.

Now I can't sleep... wondering what he's doing... why he has to be gone so damn long... UGH! I'm so pissed off I don't even want to talk to him tomorrow or whenever he decides to come home. I'm so over this crap. I'll def be sleeping on the sofa tonight.

And why the hell is he going off doing sh*t with this guy when he should be at home with his family??!! I just feel like his priorities are seriously messed up with this! Thoughts ladies??!!! Suggestions?! Is this something that's ok/normal or are his priorities way out of order here????

***My husband is only home for 6 days for Christmas break. He leaves Thursday morning***
by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:05 PM
LMAO you’re crazy and controlling.
K3412
by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:12 PM
You sound crazy. Everyone deserves a break sometimes, time to hang out with friends. Unless he’s making it a habit and neglecting his family, I really see nothing wrong with it.
amybrg86
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:40 PM
controlling? He's not even home for an entire week--- Why is it ok for him to go waste time with his alcoholic friend instead of his family??? That just doesn't make sense...

Quoting Anonymous 1: LMAO you’re crazy and controlling.
amybrg86
by Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Well it's a habit everytime he's home. It's kind of ridiculous. And this guy is not a good influence.

Quoting K3412: You sound crazy. Everyone deserves a break sometimes, time to hang out with friends. Unless he’s making it a habit and neglecting his family, I really see nothing wrong with it.
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2017 at 9:54 PM
Hugs
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 8:48 AM

I think you should divorce him. You need to be with someone who you can have absolute control over. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:36 AM
You sound controlling as hell. Oh it's you and you are at it again. Why don't you divorce. You post this shit over and over again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 9:40 AM
I will start by saying that my best friend of 20+ yrs is just as much a part of my family as my own brother is. If any man ever told me I couldn't see my friend, the relationship would be done. If you don't like his friend who has been in his life a hell of a lot longer than YOU, then you may as well end your relationship now. His friend isn't going anywhere.
amybrg86
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Well, I just need somewhere to vent. You can comment elsewhere if my post(s) bother you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound controlling as hell. Oh it's you and you are at it again. Why don't you divorce. You post this shit over and over again.
amybrg86
by Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 11:14 AM
I hear ya. However, did you miss the part where I said this guy is an alcoholic? What--- that doesn't matter?

Also, he came in after 4am this morning smelling like a bar, alcohol, and cigarettes. Him going out, doing god knows what and getting drunk, and coming home that late is acceptable? I shouldn't really care cuz he was 'just out with friends'...????

Quoting Anonymous 3: I will start by saying that my best friend of 20+ yrs is just as much a part of my family as my own brother is. If any man ever told me I couldn't see my friend, the relationship would be done. If you don't like his friend who has been in his life a hell of a lot longer than YOU, then you may as well end your relationship now. His friend isn't going anywhere.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)