Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Time with friends or family?!

Posted by   + Show Post
I am so irritated!!! My husband just left to go visit a friend. Its 8pm and I know he will be out until at least midnight. Since he finds it necessary to be gone so long, i don't see why he wouldn't have gone there at like 6 and then he could have been home by at least 10pm if he needs to be gone for 4 HOURS just to 'stop by and say hi'.

This friend also lives next door to a bar they used to frequent when they were younger-- so even though he doesn't tell me theyre going there, I would bet they are and I don't like that because I think it's irrespoonsible. Plus, this friend is an alcoholic---a functioning, working alcoholic but still... I don't like my husband being around this guy and he goes and hangs out with him whenever he's home (he works out of state). Yes, my husband will be drinking tonight (hate that!), but I know he's not boozing up like his friend does at least. These guys have been best friends for like 20 years and it makes me so upset cuz I really dislike this guys lifestyle and even though my husband can control himself with drinking, I still don't like him being around this guy.

Now I can't sleep... wondering what he's doing... why he has to be gone so damn long... UGH! I'm so pissed off I don't even want to talk to him tomorrow or whenever he decides to come home. I'm so over this crap. I'll def be sleeping on the sofa tonight.

And why the hell is he going off doing sh*t with this guy when he should be at home with his family??!! I just feel like his priorities are seriously messed up with this! Thoughts ladies??!!! Suggestions?! Is this something that's ok/normal or are his priorities way out of order here????

***My husband is only home for 6 days for Christmas break. He leaves Thursday morning***
by on Dec. 26, 2017 at 8:28 PM
Replies (31-32):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 6, 2018 at 8:31 AM
I feel your pain a bit. It's been almost a year since I've been able to go visit with my friends because of conflicting schedules or some mini disaster happens with the house/kids, I'm stuck dealing with. Hubby cancel plans that involve him and his friends?! HA! How dare I even THINK that! Men in general are selfish overgrown children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 26, 2018 at 1:55 PM

That sucks you get so little time with him.  I get more time than I could possibly need, and what time he's away, I spend with my girlfriend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)