Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
My first post ever, here it goes. As a mother I feel very allow.
I only pick up my child once I week due to my office hours. I got greeted by my daughter teacher to tell me she hasn’t been eating her lunch, we are planted based house, teacher waited a whole month to notifie me at pick up front of parents. They have been giving her more snacks, crackers and staff has given her lunch because they feel bad for her. My problem with the situation is the amount of time that past, and why wasn’t I emailed or called. The teacher made me feel uncomfortable in front of he other parents and keep going on how Zoey has a big appetite and she loves to eat.
When Zoey dropped her cracker, she was about to eat it, when her teacher said no throw in the trash, when a staff memeber which I haven’t seen, said gross gross

My partner and I believe in position reinforcement and explaining things to her and not shaming children.

That’s one side. The other is that I called my partner to tell him what’s happened, he was finished up a project and didn’t have time but told me to still tell him. He brushed it off.

I haven’t been able to let go of this feeling, I always, always listen to him, all the time. He comes home doesn’t address it or ask.

I’m still very hurt and bothered and this is why I seemed to find a community or someone to vent. I feel alone, unlistenable.

I want to discuss the things I didn’t like to the teacher, is this a good idea, I don’t want to make thing awkward. But I didn’t like being spoken to front of parents, and that the school waited for a month to express a concern
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:16 AM
I'm confused. What?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
😐 I ramble.

Im very emotional right now. Something happened at school with the teacher of my daughter school.

My daughter hasn’t been eating her lunch everyday, we have switched to planted base diet. The teacher waited a whole month to bringing it to our attention. What the teacher did was give her more snacks or staff food because she felt “bad”. All this happening front of other parent and guardians. Which I was not about.

The second part is my partner not showing an support or understanding on my feeling. He brushed it off. When I listen to all his concern or thoughts. I just feel alone. Hope that helped
rosiemendo
by Member on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

You have all the right in the world to discuss your concerns with your daughter's teacher.  Just ask for a private meeting when it is convenient for both of you.  If possible, ask your partner to accompany you.  Perhaps you should make your daughter's lunch and if you already do, pack some extra nutritional snacks.  There is nothing wrong with a plant-based diet provided you've explained it to your daughter and also made the teacher and staff aware of it.  Also, there is no excuse for the time lapse and way the teacher chose to make you aware of your daughter's problem.  Just make her aware of that and that in the future you would like to have her concerns expressed privately and in a timely manner.  As far as your partner, this has to be discussed between the two of you first so that you are both on the same page when speaking to the teacher and staff.  You are not alone; there are plenty of parents out there that choose to do things differently from educators than what they do at home.  I use to be a teaching assistant and I raised 4 children a while ago.  I have 2 grandchildren now and discuss all kinds of things with my daughter-in-law that we nor the school always agree with.  Nevertheless, good communication skils are key to the success of all concerned.  Good luck! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 27, 2018 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much!!! I appreacite you taking the time :)

I couldn't let it go. I kept repeating the conversation. I cried this morning when I brought it up again to my partner, and he said I was upset at the teacher to taking out on him. When Im visibly uoset, I told him I am upset on how I didnt feel suported and he just brushed it off. He replies " that was 13 hours ago" WHAT could I have said, I didnt want to go into a spin. 

I am planning on packing her lunch with extra snacks moving forward and schedule a meeting with her teacher. I thought I wascrazy for bring it up. 

Bonnie_
by Member on Jan. 28, 2018 at 1:49 AM

I get what you are saying.    If  you  can schedule a parent  teacher conference, do so.   When you are at the conference with the teacher  ask  her nicely    that if she has any concerns  regarding your daughter to immediately  bring them to your attention   and not let them  fester.  Offer her your phone number and email  and ask   her NOT to wait.   Then... now   remember to  do this  as politely  as possible so she  doesn't   get offended  and target   your child   because   some teachers   will.    Ask  her  that if in the future  she has   anything negavtive to  mention to you about your daughter   to please do so in private. Tell her  you felt  hurt and humiliated by her remarks in front of the other parents.   I hope it gets better for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2018 at 9:42 PM

What grade is your daughter in? 

Is your partner her father who picks her the other days you don't?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2018 at 6:06 AM

Everything going on concerning your daughter you should be informed of. They should have made you aware of what was going on right away. I would approach the school and let them know your feelings. If it was my situation I would want to know right away. it is the schools, teachers responsibility to keep you informed at all times for the sake of the welfare of your child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2018 at 12:17 PM
If you changed her fit and she’s not eating at school, most likely she doesn’t like the food and I guess she’s not eating it at home... and you didn’t notice?

Have a meeting with the teacher and request all communication to remain private and not in front of their parents and to bring problems to your attention sooner than later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)