Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so not that kind of mom 😳

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2018 at 3:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I’m watching BabyFirst tv with my 11 month old and they are doing baby painting with baby food and of course the baby is making a complete mess of himself and everything around him. I’m just sitting here cringing because I cannot handle that kind of mess on purpose. I have 3 kids and of course they’ve made messes but I expect them too because they are kids, and messes outside are fine with me, but giant messes like that inside my house(on purpose) are not good with my personality....lol

I know I must sound terribly un-fun, I’m really not I promise. I like to cook and make things with my kids, just neatly....lol
They are used to me being kind of different lol
by on Feb. 27, 2018 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
midjet117
by Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 10:47 AM

I agree with you. Intentionally making a mess with good food gets on my bad side also. 

anotherandree
by Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 11:05 AM
We've let the kids go all out messy gross if we're getting ready to put them directly in the bath. Yea, you have to be mentally prepared.
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 11:06 AM
I am never mentally prepared for that....lol!!

Quoting anotherandree: We've let the kids go all out messy gross if we're getting ready to put them directly in the bath. Yea, you have to be mentally prepared.
elk571
by Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM
Yeah no. That's wasting good food. Plus it's teaching the baby to play w/ food so they'll never eat then and keep making a mess on purpose at mealtime...
momofthem311
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2018 at 2:52 PM
Wow you’re so right, I didn’t even think of that as another reason not to but it’s true!

Quoting elk571: Yeah no. That's wasting good food. Plus it's teaching the baby to play w/ food so they'll never eat then and keep making a mess on purpose at mealtime...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 3, 2018 at 10:35 AM

I am not OCD clean at all but I wouldn't have ever done that.  No way.  Teaching bad habits to the kid too.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2018 at 10:35 PM

I not that kind of mom as well but I never played into those commercials after all they are in market of selling their products.  The more they sell the more they line their pocket book.  ;-)

littlepinkrose
by Member on Mar. 15, 2018 at 11:31 PM
Sometimes playing with food is a good thing. It was mentioned in my son's Occupational therapy to put some baby food on his tray and let him touch it or do what he wanted.
It helps them get used to different textures and they are willing to try it at meal time because they know what to expect.
He may not always eat at meal time but he does not throw food off his tray either. He is 2 now.
KatPhi1618
by New Member on Mar. 16, 2018 at 11:55 AM
You don’t have to encourage your kids to make a huge mess inside in order to be a good mom.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)