Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

A really bad day.

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM
  • 8 Replies
I got up this morning with my hubby to see him off to work, he has to clock on 45mins before I have to even leave. The roads were bad. Snow and Ice. So I warned him about 20times to be carefull drive slow ECT.... I was getting ready when the phone rang my heart sank to my feet. It was him just telling me to be EXTRA Carefull that the road I had to take to get to work wasnt even treated yet. I was like ok ok I have to go.  So I head out this morning get half way there and BOOM!!! My car fish tails does 3 doughnuts hits a mailbox and lands in the ditch!!1 THANK GOD I DIDNT HAVE MY SON WITH ME! I was scared so crapless..... So I call my mom first and she tells me to call 911 so I done that. Then I called my husband..... I get the I told you so blah blah. I had to wait 40 mins for the cops to get there and take the report. I didnt figure Id get a ticket cuz it wasnt my fualt the roads were bad but GUESS WHAT I DO!!! Cuz I hit a freakin mail-box! Didnt bend it knocked it up out of the ground. Well I hurt my back and knees But I went to work anyways I cant afford to miss a full days pay even now that I have this ticket to pay. I come home and on the answering maching there is a message from the ppl who own the mail box......... I can turn it into my insurance or pay for it out of my pocket 250.00!!!!!!!!!!! My lord! I didnt even dent the damn box!! It was one of those nice fancy rubbermaid boxes but damn ppl. Im poor. I mean I have to work everyday to make it and even then Im doing so great ya know? Now this??? I feel awfull my back in starting to tighten up. I need to go see a Doctor but I dont have the money for the Co pay so I cant. I hate this! Honestly.

Sorry laides needed to VENT!
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MichelleK41
by Member on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:34 PM
Can you tell them you will purchase their mail box for them? Tell them to tell you where they got that one from so you can get a like one. Check with your insurance first and see if that would be ok. $250 is a very steep price.
Mommy2AidenAlex
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Yea NO KIDDING!!!!!! I didnt break the mail-box dent or anything. It was muddy that was about all. It just needed to be set back in the groud. That DOSE NOT COST NO FREAKIN 250.00!!! These ppl are nuts. But hey if your in the market for a new mailbox go for one of those Rubber-maid plastic ones. My car didnt put a dent in it but it sure in the hell put a HUGE dent in my car LOL
froghopper
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 4:47 PM
i would call the insurance company and see if they can send someone out to check out the damaged item..they do that sometimes and let them know that you didn't even damage the mailbox and that it just needs to be put back in the ground..it sounds like these ppl are just trying to take advantage of you.
MaggL6
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 5:13 PM
I didn't realize you could get a ticket for that.  The snowplows around here hit mailboxes all the time, and they obviously don't get in trouble!  $250 for a mailbox???  That's incredibly steep.  So sorry your day was terrible ~ hope tomorrow is much better.

Mom to two crazy, amazing, wonderful, beautiful kids.

Independent Coach with MDB/ Beach Body.

www.milliondollarbody.com/MaggL6

www.cafemom.com/group/YBB  Yoga Booty Ballet Goddesses

CrystalnSC
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 5:17 PM
$250 for a mailbox?  They must have a actual person standing at the end of their driveway to collect the mail right?  Regardless, just out of spite, if you have to buy a new mailbox, I would and once it's installed, I'd ride by there in the middle of the night and smash it to hell with a baseball bat or steal it!  LOL
Rachel345
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM
So you're going to have to pay the ticket and those people? OMG! That sucks! You should find out were those ppl got the amount from. sounds to me like they're pulling it out of their butt. : )
froghopper
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 5:23 PM
that reminds me of the time that i lost control and hit this chain link fence outside of a church and they charged me 400  dollars and all they ended up doing was pushing it back into place..guess i just donated the money to the church then huh.
Mommy2AidenAlex
by on Jan. 22, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Yea this is total bull crap!!! This Mailbox belongs to a Payroll and Acounting place.  Even the cop said there wasnt that much damage done to it Im going to let my insurance company look at it and judge from the pictures Ij ust dont want to go through all the headache of this. I mean  this box might as well been lined with Gold set and in slate or something!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)