Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Stress and the baby. . .(posted elsewhere)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 6:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm 7 weeks as of today, and I have been under such stress the entire 7 weeks, I mean, time bawling in corners, yelling matches, screaming, saying things you shouldn't. After losing my first a month in, I've aleady crossed that hurtle, but I can't help but thinking that the reason for all this stress is that I'm just not meant to carry a baby to term. What are the long term effects of mind-blowing stress on a baby now and in the future? It's life altering stress, before you ask, not stress I can simply cut out of my life. Believe me if I could I would. Thanks in advance for any help ladies.
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
balagan_imma
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Not knowing the cause of your stress, try and at least take many deep breaths. Keeping thinking that each day is a day that you are still pg. I lost one really early and it is hard; for me not as hard at it would have been later, but it was still a loss.

Try finding a few minutes or longer each day to sit and breathe. Try to meditate. The more you stress about stress and the damage it may do, the worse it will be to control it. You might not be able to cut it from your life but you can control and lessen it. I'm a stress junkie a lot of the time - you just have to control it not have it control you.

Rachael
TSummers
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 6:57 PM
Thank you, I'll try the meditation. I've always heard that works to calm you down but never really tried it.
hailnbray
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 6:59 PM
i had stress after stress with my daughter and my pregnancy went fine, we have issues with her but i dont think it has anything to do with stress. if ur at risk to begin with then id say its not so good n u should try to relax n let the stress go

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself but she can go to college and become a dr.  she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. get to close u might get bit but it wont give u autism. do yourself a favor look it up. 

https://www.autismclinicaltrial.com/index.aspx?bmscontentpg=autism

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2007/12/16/finnstrom.the.autistic.brain.cnn  

TSummers
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Thank you :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN