Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Yeast Infection (tmi)

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM
  • 10 Replies
Sorry to do this to you ladies but I need some help.  I have had a sinus infection for 6 weeks and am on my fourth round of antibiotics.  Needless to say now I have a yeast infection.  Any ideas on what to try I have done the overnight thing and some cream but not a lot of help.  Anything? 
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dawn100173
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:34 PM
Call your doc and have them call in Diflucan!!! Miracle pill.  Use the OTC stuff for external itching.  Eat as much yogurt as you can stand.  I've been there.. I know how much it sucks!!!
kathy067j

YOU CAN GET A YEAST INFECTION FROM YOUR PILLS YOU ARE TAKING FOR YOUR SINUS INFECTION.

AuntieV
Every time I get antibiotics I end up with one. I do not know the name of it but my doc always gives me a script for 1 pill that takes care of everything . You just take the one pill and you are done with it.
shouser
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Quoting kathy067j:

YOU CAN GET A YEAST INFECTION FROM YOUR PILLS YOU ARE TAKING FOR YOUR SINUS INFECTION.

I know but I have to take those so I need remedies for the yeast infection!
MOM23GIRLS862
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:37 PM
Call your doc, most likly you got the yeast infection from the antibiotics~its sounds crazy but its true!
AuntieV
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Diflucan

Yes that is the one!
shouser
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:39 PM
If I call the dr will they give me something over the phone or will i have to be seen?
Dawn100173
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Quoting shouser:

If I call the dr will they give me something over the phone or will i have to be seen?

Since they've already given you meds for the sinus infection... they should just call in the Rx.
shouser
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM
Thanks for the help!
parkermom3
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 9:43 PM
You might need something form the doc because the one that they can prescribe is stronger than over the counter.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN