Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What makes your City, Town or State Super ?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 8:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

The Giants won the SUPER BOWL... and that is HUGE for NY fans...

Share an experience that made you SUPER proud of your city or state...

We want to hear all about it...

** The CafeMom Team
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaJoanna
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 8:49 AM
If you can make it here you can make it anywhere
NEW YORK BABYYYYY
Jackie06
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 9:01 AM
I live in Lindale,Tx...Home of Miranda Lambert(country singer) and Earl Campbell(retired pro football player).
majah
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 9:14 AM

WELL..........I live in MICHIGAN, so last year we hosted the Superbowl. We also have the Greatest Hockey Team the "Detroit Red Wings".  One of  the best College football teams,  Michigan Wolverines..."GO BLUE". The town I live in is on the 45th parallel.  Congratulations to the New York Giants.

proudmom2749
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Quoting majah:

WELL..........I live in MICHIGAN, so last year we hosted the Superbowl. We also have the Greatest Hockey Team the "Detroit Red Wings".  One of  the best College football teams,  Michigan Wolverines..."GO BLUE". The town I live in is on the 45th parallel.  Congratulations to the New York Giants.

I have to go with what majah said although I don't think my town is on the 45th parallel. I live in michigan too.

none319
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 12:28 PM
I live in Massillon, Ohio about 5 minutes from The Pro Football Hall of Fame.

none319 Army mom to Sgt J.

my2sweeties07
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Quoting majah:

I too live in Michigan and I just wanted to add that don't forget the Great Lakes State too !!
I'm not on the 45th parallel though but that is cool to be ables to say that !!
Chatting . . . . . it what I do !!
mrscoffeecup
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Nothing makes my town super lol
amybuddy45
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 4:03 PM
I live in Baltimore so we are about 1 hr away from DC.  We have the Baltimore Orioles-Cal Ripken, who is a great role model for kids.  Our football team, the Baltimore Ravens did win a superbowl a few years back but they have sucked ever since, lol.  We have a great college basketball and football team-University of Md College Park.  We do have a professional basketball and hockey team.  Oprah started in Baltimore.  There have been many movies made here.  Umm...there are tons of little things that  have been done here whether it is some actor, some movie, some politician, or whatever.  there are probably more things, but I can't think of them all.
Jill1121
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 7:24 PM
I am very fortunate, I live in a very small community in Upstate NY. The name of our town is Marathon, and each spring we host the Central New York Maple Festival, which attracts approximately 100,000 people over the weekend.  Everything is done on a volunteer basis, the different youth groups, school classes and community organizations all sell something-from an all day Pancake meal, to chicken bar b ques, balloons, fried dough, roasted peanuts, etc.  This has been so beneficial to our school that each year our graduating senior class is sent on their senior trip to Florida-yep..they even have the money to fly.

Besides the Maple Festival my town is smack in the middle between Binghamton, Ithaca,and Syracuse.  We have the fortune of being able to watch the Mets minor league team, the Binghamton Mets, we also have the Syracuse Orange, and Watkins Glen Speedway is only 1 hour away.  What most people do not know about Upstate NY, is that we have HUNDREDS of wineries in the Fingerlakes region, which we are a part of.  And in the winter we have skiing at several different ski resorts, and in the summer there are the Finger Lakes and the boat tours!

Now..if we could just get to get the sun to shine in the winter!

brieri
by on Feb. 4, 2008 at 9:29 PM

The four seasons and LegoLand nearby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN