Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Upset Tummy? really need help! (piog)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 8:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
anyone know of anything i can give a 5 month old to help an upset stomach?

by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mytwobabies07
by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 8:08 PM
Huh, thats a tough one! All the doctors ever told me to give my son was pedialyte and they said make sure it was the unflavored kind too that away they wont get use to it! at that age its hard to give them anything really. Hope your lil one gets to felling better.
mom114
by on Feb. 5, 2008 at 8:11 PM
you can call me old fanshion if you want but when my dd was that little i would put a piece of pepperment candy in a bottle of water and give it to her,it works wonders,let me know if you try it or not.
memaweed
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM
me to I gave it to my kids and now I give it to the grand kids to, try it, It works.
Quoting mom114:

you can call me old fanshion if you want but when my dd was that little i would put a piece of pepperment candy in a bottle of water and give it to her,it works wonders,let me know if you try it or not.

Dawnstar0001
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 9:49 AM
A little marshmallow creme on a spoon will help.  I would not try marshmallows.  Marshmallow creme will soothe a bad tummy.  You can also add one drop of peppermint oil to a jar of marshmallow creme.  Both help settle tummies.

If it continues to be a problem, I would see a pediatrician.  If the baby is on formula, it could be having problems digesting the formula and may need a different formula.  Also, if using formula, avoid using tap water as it has chlorine and possibly flouride.  Try bottled water with formula if mixing your formula and giving drinking water.  I am allergic to chlorine and have an upset tummy after drinking tap water.
Cturner0921
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 10:28 AM
The little remedies brand (little tummies, little noses) have these drops call gripe water. It is made out of ginsing and something else. Basically it is all herbal. Ginsing really helps out with upset stomachs. When I was pregnant I ate ginsing candy and it really helped my stomach out a lot.
curbs
by on Feb. 8, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Have you spoken to your Peditrian about this? The Peppermint ideas are great ideas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)