Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What do you think??

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM
  • 6 Replies
I have been at my job for 3 years, besides the 5 months I took off after I had my son in 2005.  Im a very hardworker ( I sell cars for a dealership). I have been top sales every month of me selling.

Well just recently as in last week My work hired a new General Manager. Well this guy comes in and starts switching stuff around.  Well he gave me a new job as a GREETER.....First off I dont even know what that is we have never had one at my dealership. 

So I go into a meeting with him after hearing rumors of this job change. When I ask him about it he says that I should not worry he has big plans. 

Alittle background, I made $31000 last year,  But now he is cutting my pay to $23000 which is CRAZY to me. I have been here for 3 years Im suppose to move forward not backwards.  Well his reasoning for making me the Greeter is because "im young and attractive"...... He actually said this to me.

I dont know what to do. I cant really quit right now because Im in the process of buying a house and I have to have two years on the job to get the loan.  I feel so lost and stuck. I have a two year old son that I have to raise and that amount of money is not going to cut it.

I feel like Screaming....
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
momof3_dca
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 5:05 PM

As him again why he's demoting you, and use those words. Do it with a tape recorder in your pocket. FIGHT IT.

Renismom
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 5:06 PM
Go to the District Manager or equivlant.. Go to your GM's boss and address these issues with them. Your sales record speaks for itself and I'm sure the big boss would not be too happy about future losses in his bank account either.
Unbelievable381
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Thanks for the advice.  I will go to the other Managers and the owner if I have too.  My dealership is actually owned by a guy and his four son in laws run it. But they hired this new guy to come in and they are putting their faith in him. It's all so crazy!
charlie06
by on Feb. 6, 2008 at 5:08 PM

Quoting momof3_dca:

As him again why he's demoting you, and use those words. Do it with a tape recorder in your pocket. FIGHT IT.

That's what I would do that's abunch of b.s. I can't even believe he made that comment to you! Fight with both fist and chin up!
debil
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 11:42 AM
I would def ask him again and record it!!!!!!! Bet the owners won't like it a bit  - they proberly don't even know this is going on. Maybe he will go backwards as in bye bye. That is totally a sexist remark - even sexual harrasment if you ask me.

without my candy                                

tinadf7
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 1:27 PM
I would contact the equal opportunity employers commission in your state now! Also wait until you speak with someone from the state on this until you record his remarks - in some states this is inadmissible in court and grounds for dismissal of a court case- however his comment is in violation of federal law as is your demotion unless they are in the process of filing bankruptcy or it is an alternative to receiving a lay off.
Tina, 5 kids and married to a wonderful husband!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN