Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

not eating

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 3:47 AM
  • 2 Replies

My 10month old is revusing to eat his baby food right now. He has been doing this for a few days now. He is a healthy weight (20lbs) but Im still worried. The only thing he will eat is his geber puffs and this rice cracker thing called "baby mum mum" so I was thinking maybe he just wants to feed himself, because everytime I try to feed him he grabs for the spoon but he cant feed himself with the spoon yet. The other thing is that he has no problem eating his morning cereal. I dont know what else to do.....I dont want him to loose any weight. Any suggestions on what type of finger foods to give him, oh and anything squishy he just plays with!!!!

by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 3:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shyboi11
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 4:21 AM
A QUOTE FROM MY GRANDMOTHER,"THEY WILL EAT WHEN THEY GET HUNGRY"LOL, I HAVE 10 GRANDCHILDREN OF MY OWN NOW, I HAVE WATCHED THEM GO THROUGH THIS PHASE, MY 22 MONTH OLD GRANDDAUGHTER JUST LEFT IT.SHE WANTED THE SPOON ALSO,MY DAUGHTER  IS A GREAT MOM,SHE CAME UP WITH GREAT IDEAS FOR FINGER FOOD,CHEESE,THE TODDLER TREATS THAT THEY LIKE,GRAPES(QUARTERED)CEREAL BARS,CHEERIOS,HOTDOGS,(QUARTERED),DRIED BANANNA CHIPS,DRIED APPLE CHIPS.THEY SOFTEN AS THEY CHEW,AND FEEL GOOD WHEN THEY ARE TEETHING.MY DAUGHTER IS A MEMBER OF CAFE MOM,YOU CAN REACH  HER AT Sgt.Suds Wife@cafemom.  shes awesome and always ready to help another mom! TELL HER  THAT HER MOM SENT YOU ,LOL
PEACE ,BLESSINGS AND MUCH RESPECT,SHY 
3teensinmyhouse
by on Feb. 7, 2008 at 7:06 AM
Give him his own spoon to hold while you feed him.....that may help. 

My middle daughter hated baby food.  She would choke and gag and puke and cry......turned out she didn't like anything with a runny texture.....no pudding, applesauce, mashed potatoes, ice cream, etc.  I slowly started her on solids that could be "gummed" to death......baby meat sticks (slice then quater the slices to prevent choking) green beans cut very small, lighty toasted toast, cheerios, bananas, and scrambled eggs (ask the dr because they might not want him to have the egg yolk yet).  We just slowly added more foods as she became more experienced with "chewing"....or whatever you call it when they have no molars.  You would be amazed at what they can eat without molars.
Samantha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN