Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Who acts like this? (cussing)

Poll

Question: Would you do this to your friends?

Options:

Yes, cuz I'm a shitty person!

No, that is wrong!

Maybe

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

Why in the hell are people so fucking selfish? I don't understand it! How can you call someone your friend and treat them like shit? I understand that sometimes things come up and you can't do what you said you were going to do. But is it too much to call someone and give them the COMMON COURTESY of a fucking phone call?

I am they type of person that if I consider you a friend I will be there for you no matter what is going on in my life. If you call me crying at 3 am I will stay up until you are calmed down and feeling better no matter how much sleep I lose over it. I don't ask for anything out of my friends except to treat me the same way I treat you. I don't think that is too much to ask for. If you need me, I will be there in one way or another with no questions asked. The only thing I expect in return is for you to do the same for me. So with that said, out of all the people that I consider my friends, I guess I really only have two true friends.

I invited a bunch of my friends out for my birthday on Saturday. After everything we were going to go back to my house to party more, so people could crash there instead of driving drunk. I spent a bunch of money at the liquor store and spent most of the day saturday cleaning the house and making sure people had a place to sleep. Guess how many people came back to my house? ONE fucking person. My true best friend. Four of the people I invited were kind enough to call and say hey I can't make it for such and such reason. Ok fine, thanks for the call and I'm sorry you couldn't make it. A few other people got drunk knowing they were suppose to come out and then couldn't drive. And most of the people didn't even give me a fucking phone call. WHAT THE HELL???

Knowing they way I treat people, it pisses me off that I get treated like this. I'm not a bad or mean person. Don't tell me you are gonna do something and then not do it. Don't tell me that you are gonna do something, knowing that you have no plan on doing it in the first place. That is rude! So I have come to the conclusion that I'm not gonna hold grudges. I'm just gonna let it go and if you want to be my friend then you are gonna have to prove it to me, by treating me with the same respect I give you. Because that is what friends do.

So my birthday celebration ended with me crying, a trip to WalMart and my best friend going home with me to be with me, because she cares about my feelings. At least one person does!

by on Feb. 10, 2008 at 11:33 PM
Replies (11-17):
Julie1976
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 2:29 PM
Happy belated birthday.  Sorry you went through this.  I'm not sure if you posted how old you turned...I may have missed it...sorry.  Anyway, I'm 31 so I've learned a little since my late teens-early 20's.  I had a group of friends who were just like that too.  I no longer speak to them.   It's hard to see some people for who they really are when you are so close to them,  but they'll realize that they had one really true friend in you and they messed it up.   I don't want to be friends with people who just want to bring me down or be jealous and try to make me that way too.  No friend should make you feel like crap and that's the way my friends were.  Since my son started school 4 years ago, I've made a lot of new friends and have no desire to talk to the old ones.  What hurt me the most is that the worst friend was my best friend.  At least you still have your best friend.    Best wishes!

Julie

Mom2Renni
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Are you mad because they didn't come to the party at all? Or are you mad because they didn't crash at your place? I'm sorry your bday didn't go as planned. Why is it that your the one that would plan a party for your friend's bdays but you have to plan your own? I've always wondered that myself. Anywho, if your mad because they didn't crash I can kinda understand that because I know I've been out at friend's house, drinking and they offer to let me crash, and I always go home. More comfortable I guess...
childsmile
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 3:09 PM
you should be happy, at least you remembered your birthday i do not even remember my birthday so even me did not com to my birthday :)
Summersmom368
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 4:09 PM

This is gonna get deleted!!!!

Vamommaoftwins
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Quoting Julie1976:

Happy belated birthday.  Sorry you went through this.  I'm not sure if you posted how old you turned...I may have missed it...sorry.  Anyway, I'm 31 so I've learned a little since my late teens-early 20's.  I had a group of friends who were just like that too.  I no longer speak to them.   It's hard to see some people for who they really are when you are so close to them,  but they'll realize that they had one really true friend in you and they messed it up.   I don't want to be friends with people who just want to bring me down or be jealous and try to make me that way too.  No friend should make you feel like crap and that's the way my friends were.  Since my son started school 4 years ago, I've made a lot of new friends and have no desire to talk to the old ones.  What hurt me the most is that the worst friend was my best friend.  At least you still have your best friend.    Best wishes!

I didn't put it up there, but I turned 23. I can't believe how much people suck! I'm glad that you have made a lot of new friends.
Vamommaoftwins
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Quoting Mom2Renni:

Are you mad because they didn't come to the party at all? Or are you mad because they didn't crash at your place? I'm sorry your bday didn't go as planned. Why is it that your the one that would plan a party for your friend's bdays but you have to plan your own? I've always wondered that myself. Anywho, if your mad because they didn't crash I can kinda understand that because I know I've been out at friend's house, drinking and they offer to let me crash, and I always go home. More comfortable I guess...

I'm mad because they didn't call me to give me the courtesy of letting me know they weren't coming. I do understand that sometimes things will come up, but I hardly doubt that that many people had issues to where they couldn't at least call. And cuz I bought a lot of liquor some of which I don't drink at all cuz it's nasty, I just bought it cuz I know that some of the people that I invited drink it. Oh well I guess I could become acustomed to drinking it. Might take me a few months lol.
robyn0875
by on Feb. 12, 2008 at 10:15 PM
I couldn't help but notice the distress and I've been through the same thing.  It's not your friends trying to be mean, but the reality is you are 22 and most likely the majority of your friends don't have children (babysitters to go home to, bottles to make in the middle of the night, dirty diapers!).  It's not that they don't like you, you are just in a completely different situation.  Keep those that love you close and start venturing out and finding other people who have children and responsibilities to hang out with!  They are going to bring you the rewarding support you need right now out of a friend!........and you won't have the hangover and kids screaming...yuck bad memories!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)