Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Water or Fluoride water?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
My daughter is going to be 2 months old in a couple of days. I feed her formula once a day when she goes to bed. I am now on an antibiotic that will not allow me to breastfeed, so I have to feed her formula all the time until I am off the medicine. I use culligan water to make her bottles, but should I be using the Nursery Fluoride water to make them instead? Do I use that now or do I wait until she starts to get teeth in? Please help me. Thanks!!
Kristyn
by on Feb. 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paytonleximomma
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 12:00 AM
I dont think it matters.  We used tap water for both my kids.
unique_puzzle
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 12:02 AM
Fluoride is NOT safe to drink.  Please read my journal. 
jenjen81605
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 12:03 AM
I'm not sure what you're really supposed to do. I gave my son spring water till he was about 4months then I slowly added tap water (it has floride in it anyway) and eventually we moved on to plain tap water.

Ask your daughters doctor what he/she thinks is best. Doctors for new babies are used to getting calls constantly for the first few months- so don't feel weird about calling.

GOOD LUCK! hope everything works out well :D
cat665
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM
If i was u mi amiga, call a ped and ask.
i was told it wasn't safe for bebes under 2 yrs old. it is better to be safe then sorry and if u can't get a ped or a advice nurse. call the 1800 number on bottle,if that don't give u the answer, if all else fails, call ur mami!
she will know.!
cure4cf
by on Feb. 17, 2008 at 11:25 AM
I do not recommend using tap water for a babies bottle, but thats jmho because I don't give my kids anything I wouldnt drink.

I would just use the culligan if I were you.

Bobbi

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls Holly 5 years old & Isabel 2 years old

Melichinita
by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 11:04 AM
I gave spring water for my baby untill she was four months then I gave her tap water after four months. She still does not have teeth but I didn't get my teeth untill I was one year anyway.

First time Mommy of Ely Esther
Kid With Doll

IBME
by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 11:39 AM
It is a scientific fact that flouride is not safe for any human, especially babies.
DollytheBrat
by on Feb. 18, 2008 at 11:48 AM
i didn't start giving my dd floride till she was six months old..  i don't think culligan filters out floride... so its up to you...

http://www.921thebeat.com/cc-common/rateapic/index.php?action=displaypics&imageid=201065&appid=27830
please click this link and vote for my baby girl!!!!! thank you

I have a guest book on my page, if you sign it let me know and I will come by and sign yours too. FREE THE WM3 - LEARN MORE AT www.wm3.org EVERYONE SHOULD LEARN MORE - JOIN THE FREE THE WM3 CAFEMOM GROUP AND EDUCATE YOURSELF
Extended Rear Facing - Learn more on my journal

Love to read? Join my book exchange www.cafemom.com/group/36066

srparrett
by on Feb. 21, 2008 at 10:40 PM
I don't think it really matters. With my two boys (who are 5 and 7 now) I used tap water, but now with our 4 month old daughter, I buy that Nursery water with fluoride and have been using it since birth (I didn't breastfeed).  I think you are suppose to use it BEFORE they get teeth to ensure their teeth develop and come in strong. But you should ask your pediatrician if you have any doubts about anything. My philosophy is that the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask! Hope you figure it out! TTYL!
HappyMommy734
by on Feb. 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM
Floride is not healthy. Use Culligan. It sounds as if you know the right thing to do. Trust your instincts.

There is a way to  strengthen your immune system that is as close to mother's milk as possible. It also helps you fight infections faster and detoxify from the side effects of the antibiotics.

Miriam
Being a busy mommy, I don't have time to eat properly. Dieting isn't for me as I lose 10 lbs. and gain 30 back. When I found this weight loss system that I combined with a healthy eating and exercise, I lost 20 lbs. and lots and lots of fat. I went from a size 18 to a size 12 and my skirts keep falling off me. It feels great staying slim.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)