Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

have a qustion about a fever

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

i have a 5 month old and i THINK that she is teething im not sure she has had a fever for 3 days now! she is very fussy...i have gave her all the meds that i can what should i do if anything

by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HaydensMommy007
by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 8:34 PM
Feel her gums....do you feel bumps? are the gums kinda mushy? if yes, she is probably teething. Massage her gums. try giving her a frozen washcloth. you can also try Hylands Teething Tablets, they are all natural-homeopathic. they are pretty cheap (around $5 at Walmart)
martha532
by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 8:38 PM

i think you should call your doctor and ask because 3 days with fever?? i dont know my daughter only  had one day with fever and it was only  for half of day
does her gums hurt?
is she biting?
is she drooling?
 if yes you can use cold toys or the naming things that  you can get at walmart they it  numes there gums,

mitty18
by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 9:09 PM
My five month old is teething and has had a low grade fever for two weeks or so. The doctor said it was perfectly normal for some kids to run a fever  that is low grade the whole time they are teething...SO it is possible that she is teething. Drooling fussiness fever trying to chew on everything are some classic signs of teething.
Poopka
by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 9:19 PM
I'm the mom of 18, 15, and 13 year old boys and if Children's Motrin or Tylenol and cool baths aren't working, I'd take the baby to the doctor, or don't you have insurance?   If you can't take the baby, let me know and I'll help.  I'd say that 99% of the time, it was always( with my kids) something that would just pass but these days, there's meningitis and all kinds of crap that might need to be treated with antibiotics.  Let me know if you need help.  
Momof2luvbugs
by on Mar. 9, 2008 at 9:21 PM
I would probably take her into the doc's office to make sure she doesn't have a infection or a virus. That horrid flu bug is going around, spreading like wildflower. Our er has been super de duper packed lately, lots of little ones with fevers.

hodag33
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 11:34 PM
How high has the fever gotten?? Hav eyou been able to maintian it with tylenol and ibuprofin?? Have you alternated the two every four hours??? if nit it has been high I would call the Doctor and see what they have to say. My son has had many high fevers and his ped told us that if it gets to 104-105 than worry. We have made five trips to the ER for 104-105 fevers. All they have us do it alternate the tylenol and ibuprofin every four hours and take a lukewarm cloth and rub in over his under arm. He is only 20 months old. The first time we had him in for a high fever was jan2007... One other thing that you could have the DR check for is a kidney infection. Our ped has our son tested for one every time he get a high fever, he said it is rare, but it can happen... Best of luck and I hope this helps...PM me if you need to
ezahnsmama
by on Mar. 13, 2008 at 12:54 PM
I personally would not give your baby any Tylenol or anything like that.  I use hylands homeopathy or another brand of teething tablets.  They work numbers.  I have heard some real terrible stories about babies and over the counter non prescription medicine.  Yuck!!
I know from working with children that it's normal for teething babies to run a fever for a few days sometimes.  As long as the fever fluctuates I have heard that it's fine.  But you are the mother follow your gut instincts, it's there for a reason!!  I hope she it feeling better!
LexsiesMommy
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 1:56 AM
Im sure she is alright but how high is the fever.
usually 3 days with a fever does cause for infection,
maybe she is teething and maybe a lil virus,

nothing to worry about if she is eating, and drinking normally.
and her stools are fine,
she is okay

but take her to the doctor.
i know im a first mom, and it freaked me out when my baby did the same thing,

hope everything turns out okay.
and your lucky my baby started teething about 3-4 months, ahh

have you given her orijel?
i used to give my baby a cold cloth to bite on,
and put her in the swing,

Spring Is Almost here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN