Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Kids Love To Play, But.... (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
My kids love to play.  They love to be active:
Jump on the Trampoline
Run around the Yard
Go for Walks
Ride Bikes
Make Castles
Play at the Park
Ring Around the Rosie
Play Tag
....whatever it is, if it involves NOISE and ACTION, they are all over it!

BUT I am a FAT MOM.  I have 110 pounds left to lose (used to be 115, so YAY for me!).  And I had a hard time keeping up.  I was their biggest cheerleader, but their worst playmate.  Today, I played with my kids.  I never once stopped to rest and tell them "Mommy needs to catch her breath."  It's nap time right now, and I'm still awake. 

Why?  Because I've made the commitment to take care of myself.  I've stopped eating junk food because it's there, I've started to build some muscle and do cardio workouts to strengthen my heart.  I want to play with my kids, dance with my husband, and smile when I look in the mirror.  I want to be FABULOUS!

I share all this to encourage other moms who think it's an unattainable dream ... commitment can make it a reality!

FABULOUS: It's Not Just a Feeling, but a Way To Look & Live ...You, too, can meet those goals & have the body you want! 

Just ASK ME! 

by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AJSMOM722
by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 4:51 PM
Liz2684
by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Good for you! Wishing you the best on the next phase in your weight loss!!

Just because you are anonymous doesn't mean the people you are talking to aren't human beings. Don't say anything online you wouldn't say in person.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mamakat13
by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM
Happy for you!! Now if I could just convince myself to do the same thing. My kids always laugh at me and say "mommy can't run, she's too old". when really I am just very out of shape and about 25 pounds more than I would like to be. It would be so awesome to be able to fit in more than two pairs of jeans. I am tired of elastic waistbands being my best friend, I just don't have the motivation to do it!

--You will know me by the scars I bear, you will know me by the hate, I swear.

--Otep, Ghostflowers

ss453921
by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 5:08 PM
I think you're fabulous just for trying to be the best mom that you can. Heck I think we're ALL fabulous regardless lol...
trying2hard98
by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 5:13 PM
Thats fabulous that you are committed to get healthy for you and your family!  I will tell you I started working out @ Curves gym, its nice because its a women only - and they are very supportive in helping you reach your goals!  Go you! Your worth it!
ServinGsus
by on Mar. 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM
Aww, shucks ... thanks moms!  And I can't wait to hear how other mom are fabulous, too!

FABULOUS: It's Not Just a Feeling, but a Way To Look & Live ...You, too, can meet those goals & have the body you want! 

Just ASK ME! 

Austinsgma
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 12:41 PM
Congrats and good luck and keep up the positive thoughts and you'll make it. Way To Go!

PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS
Austinsgma
rose0608
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 1:20 PM
good job mama taking taking care of your self is the best thing you can do for your children!

" i'm not afraid of storms, for i'm learning how to sail my ship." ~ Louia May Alcott

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)