Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Welfare

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM
  • 46 Replies
The majority of people in this country who are on welfare are WHITE.
Sylvain's Mommy
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jesssends
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:15 AM
not where i live...
SRiveroC
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Really, because I thought they were all Illegal immigrants from Mexico. Or at least that's what one CafeMom member claims is the reason she can't get medicaid

lol

Meez 3D avatar avatars games
davidsmom01
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Public assistance "welfare" differs from state to state. It has nothing to do with what color or ethnicity you are. If you are a person in need of assistance because you are going through hard times and cannot feed your family, welfare is extrememly helpful to get you back on your feet!
mamapaparazzi
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Is it Random Statement Day or is there a reason behind this post that I'm not aware of? lol

Want a group where you can let your hair down and be yourself?                           

Are you a mom from North Dakota?

mom2four30
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM
Where did this come from????
Karen1956
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:31 AM
Do you read the Newspapers?
Karen
Jesssends
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:47 AM
ok...  so i'm not really sure what this post was all about, but i've gotta expand on the two cents i already put in.

i was in the department of social services office this morning waiting to speak with the worker in charge of my children's medicaid.  the waiting room was packed.  i had to take a number and wait just to get to the reception desk.  the whole time i was there i saw **4** white people.  one of them was the security guard at the door and two of them worked at the reception desk.  of all of the people waiting to be seen, there was one older man in a wheelchair who was white in addition to myself. 

i noticed some things on the forms too -- questions like "social security # (if you have one)"  so our tax dollars are paying benefits for people who clearly are not citizens.  and "is anyone in the household a seasonal migrant worker?" or how about how now every form you fill out is spanish on one side and asks what is the primary language spoken in your home??  --- I'm sorry... 
I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA!!
SStankiewicz721
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM

There are statistics that prove this. The majority of people in the COUNTRY that are on welfare are white.

Sylvain's Mommy
Amybelle
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM
Oh dear, here we go
SStankiewicz721
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:34 AM
Traits of families on AFDC (1)

Race
--------------
White    38.8%
Black    37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian     2.8
Other     3.4
Sylvain's Mommy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)