Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe
The majority of people in this country who are on welfare are WHITE.
Sylvain's Mommy
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Replies (41-46):
kim771
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM
I am not sure on the numbers of white or black poeple on welfare but when my daughter and her family need an extra hand up, they were not approved and believe they met the guide lines for the extra, come to find out in the part of the states they live in the only way they would have gotten approve if they were illegal (from other countries), black or spanish...but my children are white and did not get approved! it upsets me that most people think that walfare is a life style.....it started out to only be used as a  assisstant for a short period of time so poeple can get back on their feet.
my4kidos
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 12:53 PM
I would not say the majority of people in this country are white - not anymore. I also do not agree that the majority of people on welfare are white. Not in Texas anyway. Most white people here don't qualify.

Trish

When you are down to nothing.. God is up to something!~

ILoveMyMonkuba
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM
LOL AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!!
Quoting shecallsmemom04:

did you know that the price of milk is 4.00 a gallon?  and gas is also at 4.00 a gallon?  we may all be on welfare soon, no matter what race we are.

shecallsmemom04
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 1:01 PM
i speak the truth...lol.  my family and i have been blessed financially, and for that i am grateful.  but i've seen a lot of posts where women are putting people on welfare down.  i just have to laugh.  this country is in serious trouble, there may come a day when slowly but surely we will ALL have to seek some form of government help.  the bashers don't ever look at the big picture.  gotta think outside of the box sometimes, you know?
Quoting ILoveMyMonkuba:

LOL AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!!
Quoting shecallsmemom04:

did you know that the price of milk is 4.00 a gallon?  and gas is also at 4.00 a gallon?  we may all be on welfare soon, no matter what race we are.

suthen_talk
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Quoting MommyofAddison:

Quoting suthen_talk:

I normally don't get involved with this kind of discussion but come to Memphis, TN. Walk into the welfare office here and there are no whites. Not even the security guard. I took a friends daughter to sign up for food stamps and we were the only whites in this huge office.( A dept. store turned welfare office)  Even at the W.I.C. office, we were the only whites. One black Social Worker was becoming annoyed with this Mexican couple that couldn't speak a word of English.

So where ever you are getting your information, they forgot to include Memphis. I'm not being racist or mean...just stating facts in this community.
Yep... I'm in Memphis too. So, so, so true!! Finally I found someone else from around here that knows "Memphis Politics" and "King Willie" LOL!!!
I was beginning to think I was the only one from Memphis in this forum! Whew...glad to know ya! LOL  "Hail, Hail, King Willie"... there is only one sided politics in this town.
rafasconejita
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM
where we live, illegal immigrants cannot recieve any sort of aid or assistance, and the forms are in all english. how do i know? because i have medicaid! also, where we live, at any given time when you walk into the building, you're going to see more people of a different race than there are white people.

and another point, many illegal immigrants actually do pay taxes, and this i know to be an absolute fact.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)