Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Need weekend job...ideas?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM
  • 1 Replies
I am a SAHM but would love to have a weekend job - just for a while.  I want to get out of the house and this is the only possible way to do so.  I could work sat. - monday and possibly friday night.  I don't want to work fast food.  I am thinking a clothing store or a movie rental place...free movies or discounted clothes.  I would have to travel 20 minutes to get to work and then would be making min. wage...and not working a ton of hours...not sure if this would be ideal, but I would get out of the house.  And it wouldn't be perminant or anything.  What little extra cash I would get would be great too. 

Am also looking for working from home opportunities.  I think I would love to sell avon or something like that but I don't know enough people to make any money :(. 

If anyone has any ideas please throw them my way!  THANKS!
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
GOBryan
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 1:10 PM
If you have to drive out 20 minutes for minimum wage, then your just working to pay the gas for the trip. If that doesn't matter and it's just to get out, go for it.

If you sell Avon, what you can do is walk around your neighborhood and drop off flyers with your website on them or a catalog. Depending on your neighborhood, you can get random orders that you didn't expect, just because Avon is a reputable company.

There's also other companies like Partylite (candles), Mary Kay (makeup) and many others. The opportunities are endless as far as Home businesses. 

There are a few groups on CM about Home Businesses that you may want to apply for, so that you can check out the different opportunites and ask people about them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)